Chapter 8: Cathy's Boys vs Abby's Girls

The next week, it was a new week for rehearsing.

"We don't have a lot to say, but we want to just look at what fourth looks like." Abby simply stated.

"All right, we'll be going to Vorhees, New Jersey this weekend to head to On Stage America." Cameron informed. "And we do not and we'll say it again, we do not want to come in fourth again! Let's get to Pyramid."

Pyramid:

Top - empty

Middle - Chloe, Brooke, Paige

Bottom - Maddie, Nia, Kendall, Mackenzie

"Now we have that out of the way, we will be doing a group routine called Sweetness, Chloe's got a solo which is named City Lights, Kendall also has a solo named All This Time and that's titled and Nia is doing a solo called Romance and for the group, there will be ahead piece and if it falls off, someone will be in trouble."

(Group costume for Sweetness: Mauve spandex and mauve stretch mesh, Mauve stretch lace and a applique headpiece.)

(Chloe's solo costume for City Lights: Multi-colored sequins and spandex, gunmetal fringe, velvet binding and strapping.)

(Kendall's solo costume for All This Time: Satin velour, sequin lace and sppandex with adjustable strap.)

(Nia's solo costume for Romance: Pastel watercolor chiffon dress with curlyhem and underskirt over spandex leotard with adjustable straps.)

"Moms, you're dismissed and girls, start warming up." Abby stated.

Two days later, the rehearsals for Chloe and Nia's solos and the group went smooth and Abby was talking to Julie as they approached the front desk and saw Cameron sitting there

"I called the competition that we're attending to verify the routines were in the correct categories and also, when i asked if anyone from another state was coming and they didn't give any names, but said that there was one studio from Niles, Illinois, which is us and guess what? they also said that there was one studio from Ohio coming as well and one can guess who that is." Cameron informed.

"Don't tell me it's Cathy." Julie said.

"Sadly, it is."

Abby groaned in frustration, knowing that they were gonna deal with Cathy that season after all. "It's obvious she is gonna be coming back with a vengeance."

"You got that right." Cameron agreed. "But we'll beat her like we've done before."

"You know it."

The moms were observation room overhearing.

"That accursed disease known as Cathy is gonna rear her ugly head again." Christi lamented.

"Yeah, but our girls got this." Melissa said.

"If we lose to Cathy, Abby'll give us the boot." Holly stated.

"Yeah." Jill agreed.

"You might be spared." Kelly said.

The morning of that competition, it was 15 minutes to 7:00 am and Kendall's solo was being rehearsed with Cameron and Gianna teaching her the moves with Abby and Julie watching to make sure Kendall had it nailed down, but they saw flaws.

"Kendall, we've noticed that you are marking things, did we ask you to do that?!" Abby screamed. "We didn't give Maddie a solo and had we did that she would not be marking it and Chloe has a solo and she has not marked it, they have done their solos full out in all the years they've been dancing here! Even my son, Julie and Sebastian never marked in in their solos when they danced here!"