Chapter 15: A Rotten Apple Core

Two weeks later, the day was March 4th and that was the start of the second half of the season and the week before, they were given the week off and even though they had gotten second place at regionals, the ALDC qualified for Nationals, but however, the Candy Apples Dance Center had qualified as well since the two studios that placed at second and first got an automatic ticket to Nationals in New Orleans on August 3rd. and at the studio, Abby, Cameron and Julie were and all the girls and moms were in there too, but Kristie and Asia were not there because Asia booked a job in Los Angeles.

"Let's talk about New York City also known as The Big Apple." Cameron briskly stated. "We didn't take a single bite out of anybody."

"We had a great routine and it looked like you had them all eating out of the palm of their hand." Abby said. "But what made us mad was that we lost to Cathy, we have lost to her three out of the five times that we've competed against her this season and you've noticed that Asia and her mother are not here this week because Asia booked a professional job in Los Angeles."

"This week, we'll be heading to Masters of Dance Arts in Corapolis, Pennsylvania and we have a duet which will be done by Chloe and Maddie named Fly, we also have a solo that's going to Paige titled Chasing Pavements and for the group dance, we're gonna do something a little different this time, we'll only use four of you and that is Nia, Kendall, Maddie and Chloe, the name of the routine is Be As One. Also, Brooke, it's about time you danced with the senior team and that routine'll be called Boogie Shoes"

(Maddie and Chloe's duet for Fly: Lined glitter dot slinky dress over attached spandex leotard and hairband.)

(Paige's solo costume for Chasing Pavements: Lined floral lace, mesh and spandex leotard with attached ombre mesh skirt, attached floral appliques and adjustable strap with a headband.)

(Junior Group routine for Be As One: Embroidered floral and solid mesh dress over attached spandex shortall.)

(Teen group routine for Boogie Shoes: Rainbow striped sequin mesh dress over attached spandex shortall and for the male dancer in that routine, there will be a rainbow striped t-shirt and pants.)

It was in between rehearsals and Cameron was talking to Abby.

"Mom, i found out yesterday that Cathy and her Candy Apples are going to at Masters of Dance as well." Cameron informed Abby, who then rolled her eyes at hearing that the Candy Apples were going to be at the competition, they ended their first half of the season with a loss to Cathy's team in Bernardsville at that same competition, they want to repay the favor by beating them. "Mom, i heard a rumor that Zack was flirting with Maddie."

"You know, i did too." Abby added and they called Mackenzie to get the gossip as Melissa watched. "Mackenzie, we want to know, did Maddie kiss somebody backstage?"

"No." Mackenzie responded.

"Did somebody kiss Maddie backstage?" Cameron wondered.

"Yes."

"Yikes, she ratted her sister out." Jill said from the observation deck as Mackenzie answered Abby and her son down in Studio A.

"Who did?" Abby questioned.

"Zack kissed Maddie on the cheek." Mackenzie stated.

"Are you sure?" Cameron said to Mackenzie, who nodded while Melissa was clearing the air on what really had happened.

"Here's the thiing though, they really kissed on the cheek, i don't want people to think like they were french kissing, something that we've seen Cameron and Julie do at times." Melissa commented.

"Cameron and Julie are adults." Holly stated.

"Yeah." Jill added.

"Doesn't matter, if any of our girls talked to a boy, they get crucified." Christi told them.