Chapter 22: Getting ready for the Showdown

The next morning in Cameron's hotel room, the time was 8:30 am as Cameron was asleep in his bed and the alarm on his phone, which played "Beat It" by Michael Jackson went off and that made Cameron wake up, roll over, grab his phone and turned off the alarm. Cameron stretched and got out of the bed and made it up. Then he headed to the closet.

"What should i wear?" Cameron asked himself, he then chose a gray tanktop, trackpants and Adidas sandals. Before he put them on, he went into the bathroom and took a shower

"Morning, mom." Cameron greeted Abby.

"Morning, son." Abby responded, kissing him on his cheek. "How are you today?"

"I'm doing good, just ready to get the girls prepared for Nationals, which is this saturday." Cameron said.

"Ditto." Abby agreed.

"Mom, there's something that's been confusing me since late march, i've listened to the song Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell and T.I. and i've been noticing that it sounds similar to Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye. Have you noticed that?" Cameron told his mother.

"As a matter of fact, i've noticed that too from the start." Abby added.

"Just wondering, what dances do we have in store for the girls?"

"Well, we've got three solos and a group dance, but to determine the solos, we'll have the girls dance off for them in a improv contest." Abby told him. "For the first solo, we'll have Maddie, Chloe, Paige and Brooke dance off for it, for the second solo, we'll have Nia, Kendall and Payton dance off for that and the third one will have Mackenzie and Asia dance for that one."

"Mom, that's a great idea." Cameron high fived Abby.

"Glad you like the idea." Abby stated as Julie, Brooke and Paige were seen approaching them.

"Hello, everybody." Julie, Brooke and Paige greeted.

"Hey, there." Cameron replied. "Are you all ready to roll to the studio?"

"Ready when you two are." Brooke stated.

"Let's do it." Abby commented as the five exited the hotel and approached a taxi van, got in it and told the driver that they want to head to Off Broadway Dance Studio and 15 minutes later, they arrived at the Off Broadway Dance Studio, which is a dance studio that they were gonna rehearse, once they got out, they walked into the dance studio and got things prepared for the rehearsals and once the pyramid had been set up and the photos covered, Brooke and Paige began stretching and that made Abby smile, seeing Brooke and Paige putting in work by stretching early and the girls, moms and Gianna came in.

"Come on girls, get your behinds in gear, let's go!" Abby called as the girls and moms came in and saw Brooke and Paige already there.

"All righty, here we are in New Orleans aka Nawlins or The Big Easy." Cameron said as everyone applauded. "This city is filled with history, it's the birthplace of Jazz, home of the NFL's Saints and eight years ago, Hurricane Katrina ravaged and devastated the city, but New Orleans bounced back."

"They sure did." Julie added.

"But now, you are here to dance and win." Abby stated, then she and Cameron got started with pyramid and once pyramid was over, Cameron started speaking.

"Girls, we're here to win in New Orleans to three peat as National Champions of Dance. If Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls could three peat as NBA champions, so can we, but in the world of dancing. Also, the wicked witch of the west is here to attept to beat us and also, you're all in the group routine, which is named Warrior." Cameron stated, then he turned to Abby. "Mom, you have the floor for the solos."