Chapter 21: Big Easy Arrival

The day was July 28, the time was 2:00 PM and at O'Hare International Airport, one of two airports in Chicago and the biggest airport in the city, Abby, Cameron, Julie, Brooke and Paige were all in Terminal 3 sitting at gate K17 waiting to board their flight, which was going to leave at 2:30 and take them to New Orleans, where Nationals was going to be held at.

"This season flew by really fast, Miss Abby." Paige said.

"It did, Paigey." Abby told her. "Seems like yesterday when we started the season."

"New Orleans, here we come." Brooke commented.

"Yeah." Julie agreed.

"Cam, question, do you or Miss Abby know which hotel we'll stay in?" Brooke wondered.

"Well, Brooke. We'll be staying at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street and we'll rehearse at the Off Broadway Dance Studio on St Charles Avenue and that's 15 minutes from the hotel." Abby answered as voice came over the microphone.

"American Airlines announces the boarding of Flight #108, nonstop to New Orleans. Those with Business Class tickets can board first."

"That's us." Cameron said as he, Abby, Julie, Brooke and Paige all got up and were in line, they showed their business class tickets and walked through the jet bridge, then they boarded the plane, made a left and took their seats, Paige sat next to Cameron, Brooke sat with Abby as Julie was behind them and after the rest of the passengers boarded, the flight was about to start.

"Good afternoon, passengers, this is your captian speaking, welcome aboard American Airlines flight #108, nonstop to New Orleans, Louisiana and the flight time is estimated to be two hours, We'll be backing up shortly and once we reach the runway, we'll take to the skies and be sure to fasten your seatbals and turn off all electronic devices until we've reached 8,000 feet in the air, so sit back, relax and enjoy your flight." The pilot announced, one of the flight attendants closed the plane door and the jet bridge moved back as the plane began moving backwards and once it was turned, it started making it's way toward the runway.

The plane reached the runway and once it was in position to take off, the pilot started to accelarate the plane and it began to move. It started picking up speed and it got faster and faster and near the end, the plane took off into the air and it was on it's way to New Orleans.

At 4:35 pm, the plane landed in New Orleans, a city in Louisiana which was also the birthplace of Jazz music at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, which was named after one of the greatest jazz musicians, Louis Armstrong.

"We've finally made it in New Orleans." Julie said. "The birthplace of Jazz music."

"Also, it's home of the Gumbo and Cajun." Cameron added.

"You're correct on that." Abby stated as she, Cameron, Julie, Brooke and Paige all walked through the airport, headed to the baggage claim so they could get their luggage and once they did, they walked to the exit to catch a taxi that would take them to the hotel. "Oh, just to let you all know, our day off from rehearsals is two days before Nationals, which is August 1st."

"Thanks for the heads up." Paige commented as her dance teacher gave her the thumbs up, since Kelly and the rest of the Hyland family had been more and more distant towards her and Brooke, the two sisters have grown more closer to the Miller family.

They got into a van that was a taxi and put their bags in the back and got in.

"Where can i take you five?" He asked them.

"Royal Sonesta Hotel, please." Cameron told him.

29 minutes later, the taxi van arrived on Bourbon Street, which is a popular street in New Orleans to tourists and residents of the city and it also held events like Mardi Gras, a party that was held there and at the Sonesta Hotel, the van stopped at the entrance and Abby, Cameron, Julie, Brooke and Paige all got out of the vehicle, got their bags and went inside the hotel room. Abby got them checked in and she approached Cameron, Julie, Brooke and Paige.

"Cameron, you'll have a room, Julie will be across the hall from you and me, Brooke and Paige will be in the Pool Suite and that means we'll be close by if you need us." Abby stated as she gave Cameron and Julie their hotel rooms.

"Got it, mom." Cameron told his mother, then they all walked to the elevator and it took them to the third floor and once they got off the elevator, they went to thei rhotel rooms and Cameron used his key cardm which unlocked the door and he entered his room and it had a king sized bed, flat screen tv, clock radio, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, closet and a balcony that gave views of Bourbon Street. There was an also a bathroom with a toilet, sink and a shower and Cameron put his clothes in the closet. "This is great, i can see Bourbon from here."

Later that night around 7:50 PM, the girls and their mothers arrived in New Orleans and walked to the baggage claim.

"Which hotel are we staying at?" Kendall asked.

"The Royal Sonesta, it's on Bourbon Street." Chloe answered.

"More than likely, one of the moms are gonna get drunk and do something stupid." Maddie predicted.

"That's likely." Nia said.

"Yeah, i say that Kelly gets drunk." Asia commented.

"From what i've checked, the hotel is 29 minutes away from the hotel." Payton stated.

"All righty, let's find a taxi that'll take us to the hotel. Abby, Cameron, Julie, Brooke and Paige are already there." Gianna told everybody.

They all found a taxi van, put their bags in the back, got in and it took them to the hotel and they all relaxed for the night.