String of Fate

Note:

See the end of the chapter for more notes about the Tanabata legend!

Welcome to this one shot chapter! I'm really grateful that so many people are interest about my main story!  I can say that the main story will continue in the next chapter! For now since it's summer, I always wanted to do a Tanabata festival chapter!

----------------- *  ------------------

" Norman! Come on! Wake up already!"

" Sure...wait just a minute Emma"

Norman moaned a bit as Emma jumped right on his back when he was still sleeping soundly on his bed. It was a beautiful summer morning and the owls were singing at the roof top as a Ray of sunshine blinded Norman

" You know which day it is right Norman,?"

Norman made a nervous smile. Of course he knew. It was one of Emma's favourite days...how could he forget?

" Yes Emma...I know... it's the Tanabata festival"

" Yes! And I love it! We have to do something to celebrate! I have to pick some bambu and ask Ray if he can make some traditional food..."

Norman smiled. Her mind was already milles away planing everything ahead until he hold her hands, forcing her to focus only on his soft face. She looked at him curious

" Well...how about we go for a walk instead? To the hill, to see the sky more clearly and to pick some bambu?"

" What's a great idea! But...how about the rest of the preparations?"

" Well...if we go right now I think we'll have the time to help everyone out and put everything together till night, don't you think?"

Emma smiled back to Norman. She wasn't sure if he said that out of kindness or if he actually remembered something he said to her long ago

* Norman... would you mind be my Hikubochi? You know... like the legend of the star festival?*

She remembered he smiled just like that a bit embarrassed, his ocean eyes meeting the full wide sky

* Well... sure. But only if the sky is clear can I meet you. Still, I promise I will be your Hikubochi if you can be my Orihime, Emma!*

* Sure! I'll be our Orihime forever! *

When she returned to the present, Norman was already dressed up with his tie and cloat looking while amused at her

" Is something wrong Emma? You looked like you were remembering something"

" Oh no... never mind! Let's just go! We have to hurry!"

When Emma and Norman went down to the second floor, Ray was already at the kitchen along with Oliver, Zack, Nigel and Gillian. Not to talk about Hayato who was cooking some delicious  omelets for breakfast

" Hi everyone ! You know what day it is today!?"

" It's the star festival! "

Everyone was so happy just as much as Emma. Norman couldn't deny: her enthusiasm was contagious and he could fell it all over the place.

" Me and Norman are going to pick up some bambu on the hill but we'll be back soon! Can you guys handle the rest?"

Ray turned to Emma as Hayato and Gillian trowed omelets  all over the table. Oliver was at that point that he just waved his head in a " they are just like this and there is something I can do" vibe.