2

Nariah Ayche'a Washington

Saturday night. I don't know anyone around here but that won't stop me from going out. Nowhere specific, just around.

Dressed in sweats and a long sleeve shirt, I slipped on my black sandles, grabbed my phone and money before walking outside.

It's 8 at night and this is when everyone and they great grand momma is outside. Sometimes it's dangerous but that's why I got my spray.

I walked to the corner store and when approaching, its packed outside. Niggas with their flashy cars and the hoes standing next to them in things that's not even considered clothing. Just fabric placed on certain parts of their body.

I shook my head and chuckled before walking to the door. "Damn baby. You so damn fine" this man said. I sized him up and laughed, he looked like Michael blackson with his you ugly mothafucka looking ass.

Damn, I'm funny.

I grabbed my honey bun and Ritz soda and walked to the counter. The Indian man turned around and his eyes got wide. "Leave. Leave my store" he yelled. His eyes were still red from yesterday. Yea I got his ass good.

I laughed and put a dollar on the counter and flashed my items so he know what I got.

Eating and drinking while walking down the street, I hear loud music. Being my nosy self, I followed. Soon, I came across a party. As always, flashy niggles and hoes naked. Its like 70 degrees. Ain't they cold?

Phoenix King Harris

I posted up against the car that wasn't mine and puffed my chocolate blunt. I let the smoke exit through my nose and observed the party across the street. Unnecessarily flashy niggas and hoes being hoes.

My eyes wandered to the girl walking down the sidewalk eating a honey bun and drinking a Ritz soda. I remember her from yesterday. I guess she smelled the chocolate blunt on me since she said I smell good.

I chuckled at the thought.

"Excuse me" I called out. She looked in my direction and I waved her over. Meeting her half way, I smiled. She's beautiful.

Her shoulder length brown hair. Almond brown eyes. Plump lips. Caramel skin tone. And a slim body. I always had a thing for slim girls.

See, I'm not a disrespectful ass nigga. I know how to approach a woman and I know how to approach hoes.

"You remember me from yesterday?" I asked. "You said I smelled good"

She smiled and laughed a little "Yea I do. I honestly didn't mean to say that out loud"

"I'm Phoenix"

"Nariah"

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Where you headed so late?"

She shrugged "Nowhere. Just walking"

This girl must be new here. No one just walks around especially 9 at night.

"Its to dangerous for you to be walking"

"I know" she smiles "That's why I got this" she flashed a pepper spray and we bust out laughing together.

"Iight ma, I see you. Lettin these niggas know"

"Yea of course."

We continued to talk for a bit. Just about random things and soon about our personal lives. I didn't tell her certain things and I know she held back a few things also.

"Alright, its getting late. I gotta go. It was nice talking to you Phoenix"

"Let me walk you home. Its damn near 11 and I don't want a nigga thinking its cool to fuck with you"

"No its cool. I got my friend with me" she smiled walking off.

"Oh I forgot" I laughed. "Later Nariah"