15

Phoenix King Harris

I stretched out and groaned, reaching out for Nariah but ain't feel her. Sitting up' I looked around for my boxers, slipped them on then walked into the kitchen.

Nariah stood over the stove in nothing but her bra and panties. Damn, all that is mine. I smiled to myself and snuck up behind her.

She jumped when I wrapped my arms around her "Fuck Phoenix, you scared me" she yelled.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around her tighter before kissing her jawline. "My bad ma. I ain't mean to scared you. Scary ass"

She laughed and elbowed me in my side "So I've been thinking" she started "I think I'm ready to move up"

"In drugs or to people who work for and around Lucky?"

"I'm not sure. Which one do you think would really pay off? If we move in drugs, I'm sure Lucky would hear about how someone stealing his customers and will come after us. But if we go for people around him, he wouldn't really are it coming"

"Are you still in it just to kill Lucky or the money too? And be honest"

She sighed and turned the stove and put the pots on the back stiove before turning to face me " I think its both now. I'm tired of being broke Phoenix. I've always dreamed of getting married, having kids and moving into a huge house in California where the rich people stay" she smiled , looking down. " I feel like I'm so close. Its right there"

I caressed her face gently "I know how you feel ma. I'll be honest with you. Going after the niggas that work with Lucky would be better. We'll rack in more dough and drugs that way and after we done with Lucky, we take his shit and we move to California, where the rich people stay. We'll buy a huge house, get married and have some kids. Sounds good to you?"

She nodded and pecked my lips "And another thing. Since we have a car now, you think maybe we could go further? Like some days go to other cities. "

"What you got in mind?"

"Places we're familiar with. Like I've been to Hollywood, Coral springs, Dania and Pompano"

I nodded "And I've been to Deerfield, deep side and Carol city. So we'd go to there?" She nodded and started playing with my hair. "Iight cool. Pack some clothes and we'll leave later tonight"

"Just like that?" She asked smiling. I smiled back and nodded.

"But before then, we for a lot of shit to get done so we gotta hurry"

"I'll just pack the food to go"

After Nariah and I packed 2 weeks worth of clothes, we packed 5 pounds of week and coke and took about $10,000 out the safe. Gotta spend money to make that shit right?

"Iight so first we need to go open a bank account and put the $10,000 on 2 cards" I said as Nariah put a price of fried fish in my mouth, then some eggs.

"I already have a bank account. I could just put your name on the acconut . And you know if we put over $5,000 on an account, the cops are called to check it out"

I ain't even know that shit. "Iight well we'll put the other $5,000 in tomorrow. But before we leave the bank, we gotta fill up the car and we'll be on our way"

She nodded and continued to feed me and herself. We pulled up to Chase and Nariah ran in to do what she gotta do while I went across the street to fill up the car.

I been sitting in this car for almost an hour and she still ain't come out that damn bank. I grabbed the keys and walked inside to heard Nariah going off on the tellers. "If you don't leave, I'm calling the police"

"Bitch call the police. Just do what the fuck I asked you to do so I can go!" She yelled. I grabbed her hand gently and she looked back at me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Obviously your ghetto bitch here doesn't under the rules" the white clerk said. Nariah snatches her hand away from me and threw herself moved the count her at the woman but I caught her just in time before she touched the lady.

"Baby relax yourself" I said camly, holding her tight with one arm. "What are the rules Ms?"

"I can't open an account with an I.D"

"I gave this hoe my I.D Phoenix" Nariah said. The clerk rolled her eyes at her and looked back at me.

"An expired one"

"When did it expire?" I asked. The looked at the I.d then me.

"Yesterday"

"Look, you see it's my fucking face and m-"

"Stop talking " I interrupted her "Listen Ms. We have important trip to go one. See my grandmother just pasted and we're trying to go to the funeral which is tomorrow. I don't have a account so we're using my girls. Can you just please do it for us?"

The clerk looked at me sad eyes and nodded. She started clicking away and asked me a few questions before putting the $5,000 in the account, putting my name on the account and giving us both a debit card.

"Why you cussed her ass out like that ma?" I asked laughing as we walked to the car. "You ain't right"

"Naw that ugly bitch was giving me a hard time for no reason. Talking about some it expired yesterday. How you see my face on the card, I gave my birthday and everything else that was on the card so why-ughh"

I laughed again and pulled out the parking lot "You be wildin'. You need help"

"Naw that Michael blackson U ugly Muthafucka looking ass bitch need help"

Damn she did the voice and all. I swear I got a cramp laughing at her. She sat in her seat with her arms folded and a scowl on her face "Come on baby Don't worry bout that hoe. If I get you some ice cream you'll feel better?"

She nodded "Rocky road please"