33

Nariah Ayche'a Washington

Lucky and I have been sitting here talking for the past hour and the only thing on my mind is just macin the fuck outta him then shootin his ass. But not without having an answer to my question.

"Care to explain why you killed my mom?" I asked. He signed and rubbed his hand over his ear.

"Only care she was settin you up for failure. She was on drugs, prostituting a-

"Hold up" I chuckled "My mom wasn't on drugs and you made he prostitute"

"Naw baby girl i- "

"Don't call me that" Only Phoenix calls me that.

"No I didn't make her prostitute. She already was but for little to no money. I wouldn't make her do nothing she hasn't done before and trust, she was one of my best customers"

I shook my head, not believing anything he's saying. My mom was a hard working woman, not some drug using hoe. Not my mom.

"Anyway I'm glad you decided to come here. I was hoping now we could get to know each other since we're all we got" he smiled. I nodded slightly and he stood up, pulling me into a hug. "We'll meet up soon for breakfast or something"

"Yea that'll be cool" we hugged and I was on my way. I pushed past those 2 big muthafuckas and walked to my car.

His words kept repeating in my head. Since we're all we got.

He's half right, I guess. I have Janea and Phoenix but Janea is only half blood while Phoenix isn't even blood. But both have been there for me when Lucky wasn't.

I pulled up to the house and walked in to see Phoenix in his lazy boy and Janea and Keair cuddled on the couch. "How'd this go?" Phoenix asked.

"I'll tell you later. I need some time alone" I mumbled.

I stopped out my clothes then laid under the covers. I feel like Phoenix and I haven't been the same lately. Like we're distant. And Janea will be leaving soon , which would be leaving me basically by myself.

As if on que, Phoenix walked in. "Baby you iight?" He asked. I shook my head and sat up.

"I don't think I wanna kill Lucky anymore"

"Why?" He sat down next to me.

"Cause he's all I got" I shrugged. Phoenix stayed quiet then chuckled.

"That's like a fuckin slap in the face baby girl" he said shaking his head and standing up "What you mean he's all you got? What about me?" I shrugged. Again, he chuckled "I ain't got nobody Nariah. No mom, no dad nobody. All I got is you and you saying the only person you got, is a dirty muthafucka that killed your moms?" By now, he was yelling and I understood why.

"He's my dad Phoenix" I said lowly "He's family"

"Was he family when he turned his back on you? Or when he killed your mom and made you cry for weeks Nariah? " he didn't even give me a chance to answer before he stormed out the room and outside "Fuck this shit" he mumbled before leaving.

Phoenix just doesn't understand. I don't have a mom anymore. Lucky is all I have. Even though he did kill my mom, I just want that fatherly love I never got a chance to experience.

I pulled my duffle bag out the closet and packed everything i owned, which wasn't much. I left all the money in the safe and walked in the living room and out the door.