13

Nariah Ayche'a Washington

I'm sitting on the couch eating some chips and watching Maury. This has become my show but Bill Cunningham my nigga all day.

Phoenix left earlier this morning and wouldn't tell me where he was going. I ain't question him but it better not be a surprise. I hate surprises.

I looked down at the cross necklace hanging around my neck and smiled. If Phoenix gave me his moms necklace, he must gave some strong feelins for me as I do him.

"Come here ma" Phoenix yelled from outside. I slipped on my flip flops and met him at the door. "Close your eyes" he smiled.

I smiled back and closed my eyes as he led me outside and to the parking lot of the apartment building. "OK open"

I opened my eyes and a 2012 grey Honda civic. I looked over at Phoenix who had the biggest smile on his face "This is yours?" I smiled.

"Ours baby" I jumped on his and kissed all over his face. "I know we agreed to not spend the money but I felt like we needed this"

"I love it babe" I smiled finally kissing his lips. I grabbed the keys out his hand "Can I drive please?"

"Where you trying to go?"

"Well I need to renew my licence. We could start there"

He nodded and i darted inside to changed I grabbed a few dollars from the safe because the DMV charges you. Dumb.

"You ready?" Phoenix asked. I nodded and we walked out to the car.

"Now that we have a car, do this mean we going to the west side to get the Meth?" I asked.

He shrugged "Its up to you. But honestly I think its to soon to move up to that. Ion want us to get caught up or no shit like that"

"Then let's wait"

After we went to the DMV and got both our licence renewed, Phoenix wanted to drive. "Nariah I want to talk to u about some real shit" he said randomly, grabbing my hand.

I looked over at him and took a bite of my honey bun. "Wassup baby"

"I really appreciate you being here with me baby. I'm honestly loving the fact that you stuck it out with me even when I ain't have shit. You been down with whatever and you been gently as fuck with me, things I ain't used to. You the only person I trust and the only person I'm willing to die for. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you"

I leaned over the seat and kissed the side of his mouth "Don't thank me Phoenix. Just promise me that when shit get rough, you got my back just like I got yours"

He looked over at me and smiled "Of course baby"

I sat back in my seat and looked out the window. We slowly making our way to the top and with money and power comes hoes, more money and more power.

"And that you'll never leave me"

He grabbed my hand, making me look at him. "Never that ma. You been with me even when I ain't have shit. When we make it to the top, I'll only be loyal to you"

I wiped my tears and smiled a little, gripping his hand just a little tighter.