prologue.

❝ MISSED YOU HARDER THANI THOUGHT I'D GET TO ❞

I THOUGHT I'D GET TO ❞

PROLOGUE.

Drowning under the bright flashes of stardom, the shouts becoming unbearable, she managed to smile brightly.

Her pearly whites shone behind widely, brunette hair held tightly behind to showcase her face. She turned from side to side, flowing her pink dress around her. It was a different contrast to how she had been greeted at the airport.

With her brunette hair falling freely in front of her face, hazel eyes holding a panicked glint behind the dark tint of sunglasses that protected her eyes through that neverending sea of light, she managed a smile for the many cameras that were glued to her movement.

"Millie! Millie, over here!"

"This way, Millie!"

"Millie, are the rumors true?"

"Can you confirm that the male model you've recently been interacting with on Instagram is your new boyfriend?"

She continued to smile, though it was nowhere near any bit of vibrant. A close lipped, tight smile as she maneuvered her way through the airport with her head down, her bodyguard and manager close to her as her luggage was being hauled behind her.

Los Angeles was, unfortunately, always full of scattering paparazzi.

It seemed there was never a chance to get away from them, no matter how hard you may try. Millie typically didn't mind it as much, because it was a part of her job. One of the disadvantages of living out her dream.

All they did was pry into her life, and all she wanted was a little privacy. All she had to do was breathe. Breathe in, breathe out, keep it under control.

It was different as she posed for cameras that were trying to capture her as she waltzed into the secluded area for the party. The area would have few photographers, which made her feel more at ease as she finally made her way in, away from the crowding cluster of the other bright flashing lights.

"Missed this?" her manager, Melanie, asked her as she placed a hand onto her forearm.

Millie forced a smile, "Of course. Why wouldn't I? Love being busy when it's things like this."

"Well, you've got a busy weekend ahead of you," Melanie went on as she whipped out her phone, using her pointer finger to drag along the screen. "The pre-party, attending the actual event, the after-party, meeting up with that photographer for a brief meeting about Florence promotion, but then you've got the rest of whatever time you can find to yourself."