→CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

❝ THEY MIGHT LOOK THE SAMETO SOME DEGREE,BUT THEY DON'T THINK THE SAMEI GUARANTEE ❞

TO SOME DEGREE,
BUT THEY DON'T THINK THE SAME
I GUARANTEE ❞

••

Landing back in Atlanta, it was brought to her attention that she had almost forgotten about how she had sent Melanie a text back in New York. One that was only met with an apologetic reply about how Melanie was quite busy, briefly assuring that she would call her later when she had gotten the chance to.

With how exhausted Millie had began to feel because of everything, she nearly forgot that she was to be expecting a call from her agent soon enough. So, she had set her phone to airplane mode the moment she had arrived back at Caleb's apartment so she could quickly fall asleep, deciding to leave it that way until after her flight back in the morning.

And the moment Millie had taken her phone off airplane mode, the various missed calls appearing on her phone seemed to bring it all back to her attention.

Sitting in the back of their designated, dark tinted SUV, Millie slightly groaned from beside Sadie when her notifications were buzzing in. She couldn't believe she had forgotten about that, and now, it was reeling in her nerves again. She supposed it was all those feelings being stirred up from her time with Finn that had stolen away most of her attention.

The redhead spared a quick glance her way as she turned away from peering out the window with lifted brows. "What?"

Millie shook her head, glaring at her phone held in her hands. "I forgot I need to tell Melanie about all this."

Sadie chuckled softly, nudging her arm with her elbow. "Well, you should get it over with already. The longer you wait, the harder it will be. Besides, if you don't tell her, I swear, I'll do it."

Her stern words held truth, and Millie knew that. She also knew that it would not look so good on her if her agent was called by her best friend and brought news about her pregnancy. That wouldn't have gone well at all.

With a short sigh, she went to click a call back to Melanie as she brought the phone up to her ear, waiting patiently as it began to ring. Sadie leaned in closely to listen, but Millie lightly pushed her away, laughing as she pouted.

After a few rings, she was met with the voice of agent, nearly urgent as she said, "Millie? Are you okay? Why weren't you answering my calls?"

Millie stares down at her free hand that is now pinching at the material of her comfortable grey sweats. "Uh, hi, Mel. Sorry about that, airplane mode. I'm barely in the car on my way back home right now."