→CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

❝ I GUESS I'M GONNA GO ❞

••

Arriving at Finn's rented apartment quite a few blocks away from Caleb's at nearly midnight was not initially part of the plan for their little night out together.

But when they were all situated inside that McDonald's, hungry and really having nothing else to do after that Broadway show, it was decided that they would spend some time at the fast food restaurant for a while longer. With a few fries thrown around because of some jokes and incessant teasing towards a certain brunette girl, an awkward short minute of renaming a certain cold treat after the two who had first arrived, and then an endless debate about whether or not somebody would be allowed a shared pet, well, it was safe to say that none of them had realized just how much time had passed.

Walking back so late at night was causing Millie to grow rather anxious. Her emotions were certainly becoming a lot for her to handle, and she couldn't really help it. She didn't want to start any complaints but it led to her rambling on about the possibility of something bad happening.

"Millie, nothing bad is going to happen," Sadie assured her as she walked beside Caleb, reaching her free hand to grasp onto hers. "We're all together so it'd be hard for something bad to actually happen, wouldn't it?"

That didn't really help to put her at ease. If anything, it only made her worry even more.

"That's even worse!" Millie protested, shaking her head, hand tightening around Sadie's as her eyes flitted away towards their surrounding area.

Caleb gave Finn a look as if to say he were getting tired of this conversation. Not only had it been going on for far too long in circles, but because where they were walking through wasn't exactly known for anything bad, nothing to be suspicious of. They had already done their own research of the area before. It was exactly why Finn had chose to reside in this part of the city.

And that was when an idea came to him. "Hey, we could go to my apartment for a bit."

Millie's brows furrowed. "Your apartment is close by?"

He nodded, lifting a hand to point down the street towards their left. "Somewhere down there. You make another turn down that street, and then you're there. It'd only take a few minutes to get there from here. We can head up and you guys can see if you can get an Uber back to Caleb's."

"That's a great idea, Finn," Sadie told him with a grin before glancing towards Millie. "Isn't that great, Mills?"

Millie nibbled on the inside of her lip as she smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, it's a great idea."