→CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

❝ CAN I BREATHEFOR JUST ONE SECOND ❞

❝ CAN I BREATHE
FOR JUST ONE SECOND ❞

••

Laying atop the large mattress with empty space of messily undone sheets surrounding her, she came to notice that despite the amount of space that they could each take up, there was absolutely no distance left between herself and Finn.

Though physical distance felt nonexistent between them, she still felt there was some sort of barrier held up to keep them apart.

Time had passed since he had managed to doze off, not as quickly as she had expected. He had told her goodnight, but soon after, he continued to murmur soft words beside her. From talks about a romantic film idea, to often humming a melody. The longer he went on, the stronger the vibration of his chest felt against her.

Now, as the vibrance of the party still went on somewhere out beyond the shut door, his chest softly rose and fell with each breath he took, his cheek pressed against the top middle of her belly, his arm curled around her waist as his hand clung onto her side. She's not sure how she had allowed him to shift into this position, not even sure of when.

But here she was, relaxed and nearly falling asleep beside him in the warmth he radiated. She could have easily fallen asleep, slipped into a deep slumber to share beside him, allow herself to share those short hours alone with him.

However, when his face buried deeper against her belly, she tenses up when his mouth brushes across the fabric of the dress where right below is a familiar spot.

Her tiny bump against his face causes an array of emotions to course through her veins. So much that she isn't sure what exactly she is even feeling. All she knows is that it overwhelms her, causing shivers along her spine.

She wishes she could have more control over her weird mood swings that always came and went too quickly for her to keep up with. They were beginning to take over at the most unnecessary of times.

After snapping at Finn, she was shocked at herself. Quickly, she scurried away from the poolside, feeling terrible for having reacted so badly. It was a bad idea when she agreed to come here, but she couldn't help the temptation.

Besides, pretty soon, her bump was going to be bigger. She would have no choice but to tell him by then. She just wanted a little bit of time with him before things would change.

"Millie!"

The brunette was halfway down the hall when she heard her name being called out. She turned around abruptly, finding Billie dripping in her soaked clothing clinging to her skin as she approached her down the hall. Millie felt her chest rising and falling quickly, her eyes burning and her throat aching.