→CHAPTER SEVEN.

CHAPTER SEVEN.

❝ BABY, YOU CAN ROLL,ROLL WITH US ❞

ROLL WITH US ❞

••

Work served as her best distraction for just about anything. So it makes perfect sense to herself why she is in overdrive with all her work things after the previous events that occurred between her and Finn.

Because despite the memories and remnances of that night, despite the maximization of confusion and sudden emotions she felt, she needed to push it as far away from the front of her mind as possible. It couldn't be dealt with, because it never even happened.

That night? Gone. It simply did not exist anymore, and she would never admit the truth of it.

Especially not to Finn.

But when her mind begins to wander and she needs some little bit of a break from all of her work, from the endless typing and documents and overlooking, she decides to check what the media and her fans are saying about her lately.

Scrolling through her tags was something she could find enjoyable. She was less likely to find anything bad there. It was more for herself to check on her fans, to see their more recent views of her. Mostly, she was still loved. In other cases, it was a lot of concern.

user1: millie hasn't been active for a week I hope she's okay :(
     user2: @user1 Florence probably has her
     really busy rn, hope she's doing okay tho

user3: look at her dress!! im still not over this look 😍

Millie smiles at that one, looking over the image that the caption went along with. That pink dress was elegantly beautiful. It highlighted all her right features, it was lengthy and slick and appeared as soft as silk. She liked that dress a lot.

If she could, she would have worn it again. Maybe even for just lounging around in her own home.

But then she remembers that she currently doesn't even have it. She had left it behind the morning after the pre-party in Finn's hotel room.

A knock resounds against the front door of her large apartment, quickly pulling her out of fleeting thoughts. Thankfully before certain things were replaying behind a blink of her eyes.

She slips away from the cushion of her plush beige sofa, setting her phone down beside her laptop on the coffee table in the center of the large living room before she approaches the front door. With a quick peek out the peephole, she swings it open to her manager standing on the other side.