→CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

❝ OH, I THINK SHE SAIDI'M HAVING YOUR BABY ❞

I'M HAVING YOUR BABY ❞

••

The table read for his upcoming film had gone over smoothly, and he thought to himself that he really had been nervous for nothing.

The cast were some wonderful people, all people he had never met before yet it only excited him even more. Finn really liked working with new people, creating new dynamics. As fun as it was working with someone you were already familiar with, he thought it was equally just as fun to work with somebody new.

The most important part from the read through was the chemistry read with his main co-star. He found out pretty quickly she was a cheery, professional girl. Well, not entirely cheery. In his eyes, she seemed to just be trying to fit into her part. And her part involved a cheery, bubbly, ecstatic personality. He didn't mind, he just thought it made her way less natural when she was constantly playing the part.

But besides that, he felt things would work along well between them on screen. She was kind of funny, she was genuinely polite, but he could easily see how she tried hard to be appealing. It seemed too fake for his liking, but he felt that they could make a good team despite their differences.

After things had gone so well with his chemistry reads, he felt light and airy when it was time to prepare for his short trip to Atlanta days later.

Music was playing from his bedroom speaker as he went about grabbing shirts inside his closet and jeans from inside his drawers, singing and humming along to the songs that played every now and then. Things were feeling good, like he was finally back into the right, steady flow of everything. His acting was going fine, things with Millie were great, and he was going to see Millie sooner than he had anticipated. So, he was in a pretty good mood.

Shortly after he had texted him late in the morning that he was already getting ready to leave, Caleb had dropped by unannounced with Mocha (as well as a mocha caramel coffee) in his hold. It didn't take long for Finn to notice that he wasn't exactly there for offering any assistance, though.

"So is there a reason why you're here?" Finn asks him as he rolls up a few shirts to stuff into his duffle bag. "Because you already sent me the ticket and I already know all the flight details. You've just been sitting on the floor for the past ten minutes, dude."

"Do you not like my company, Finn, or is it Mocha?" Caleb retorted, glancing down at Mocha as he lightly scratched behind her ear.

Finn exhaled slowly, "Are you seriously using Mocha against me again? She loves me, you know."

"Sure, why wouldn't she love her uncle who didn't even invite her to his apartment?" Caleb teased lightly, laughing from where he lounged lazily on the carpeted floor with Mocha by his legs.