→CHAPTER NINETEEN.

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

❝ I JUST WANNA KNOW WHYI'M FEELING SO LONELY AT NIGHT ❞

I'M FEELING SO LONELY AT NIGHT ❞

••

Going about his day, there was a common calm that settled in the air. Everything was as it should be, he supposed. Nothing drastic nor dramatic altering the days in which he had come to routinely know.

His days were full of hours in which he found himself distracted. Watching films, reading different critiques, writing bits of scripts, and different snippets of lyrics. Music was, as always, a big escape from reality. He found himself writing lyrics that were full of fleeting feelings that he could barely even seem to make sense of when he looked back on them.

However, he didn't really need to clarify them to know what was bringing about a good amount of them.

Despite the feelings that erupted his chest more and more often lately, there was a certain desire that he wished to have that made everything disperse into thin air and leave room for the vivid sense of one.

Loneliness.

It was something he hadn't felt in quite some time. But it was also something that tended to have the habit of sneaking up on him, swallowing him whole when he least expected. And what brought it about, well, he wished it hadn't.

Despite his long hours of subtle glum that loomed over everything he did, there were usually some moments where he did not feel it. Mostly when a friend was around. A familiar friend who had been around more and more lately due to his own small problems.

At how often he had been coming around, it didn't even surprise Finn when the front door to his rental apartment abruptly swung open.

He barely spared a glance towards the direction as Caleb shut the door behind him, muttering below his breath as he stepped further into the apartment. Finn continued on with the instrument in his hands, his fingers plucking the strings mindlessly as he sat by and continued watching the movie on his TV screen.

Caleb plopped himself atop the cushion of the sofa beside Finn heavily, allowing himself to sink into the cushion as he hunched his shoulders, crossing his arms across his chest.

Amused, Finn chuckled softly as he shook his head, getting up onto his feet to place the guitar onto the empty stand in the corner of the room. When he returned back to his spot, he couldn't help the teasing grin on his face.

"What's up, sunshine?" he asked brightly.

At the dark look sent his way, he only erupted into light laughter. With raised brows, he asked, "Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or what?"