→CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

❝ YEAH, I'D RATHER BE ALONE ❞

••

The night was still young and vibrant despite the late hour. Darkness had cascaded upon the sky, and the city was lit up by the buildings, cars, street lamps outside while many people still bustled around through the city that never sleeps towards the countless destinations of night shifts and partying on that Friday night.

And in one particular club tucked away from most of the public, with the changing flashing lights up above in the ceiling and the booming latest popular music playing throughout the sea of people, there were two young men dressed for the occasion as they stood aside from it all, leaning their sides against the counter of the bar just a mere few feet away from the mess of people dancing.

It was a mostly elite, nearly private club meant for all the higher status people. One that was full of all the rich and the famous or well known. One that if you weren't any of those things, pay enough money at the entrance and you'll still end up inside somehow.

"How did I let you drag me out to this club?" Finn mumbles as he scrunches his face in distaste.

Clubs weren't really his thing, truthfully. He preferred parties, even the really wild ones. But clubs were just something else, and he still wasn't so fond of these types of things. Something about the vibe they gave off just didn't sit so well with how he felt most of the time. Maybe it was just the people, or even the music. He wasn't entirely sure, but he just didn't like them all that much.

Caleb hummed. "You didn't really have a choice. I was dragging you out here either way."

He rolled his eyes at his friend's response. Though he knew it was true, he also wishes that he would have been able to find some way to just stay in the comfort of his rental apartment. Some lame excuse to at least try. But either way, he knew that they were going to end up here by the end of the night. Caleb was a bit stubborn like that with him.

"Okay, you're right," Finn says, eyes darting around the area. "But why are we even here?"

"To have fun, Finn," Caleb tells him matter of fact. "Why else?"

Finn is admittedly a bit cautious of his underlying intentions. He knows that Caleb means well, but he also knows that he came here with the intention of cheering him up after his previous glum mood. And what Caleb would consider to be cheering up for him probably wouldn't be what Finn actually wanted.

"I don't know," Finn starts, bringing his gaze back to his friend beside him, "don't most people go to a club to get drunk and hook up with other people?"