→CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

❝ YOU DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR ME TO STAY OR TRY TO LEAVE ❞

FOR ME TO STAY OR TRY TO LEAVE ❞

••

While a break from work related things was something that he had wanted for quite a while, he would be lying if he said he didn't miss the thrill of doing something else besides spending the majority of his time with Caleb.

Finn had admittedly always been a bit of a workaholic since his career first began to take off. From auditioning, to filming, to creating music and performing, back to auditioning, modeling, and traveling. He was always, well, a busy bee.

So much that in recent times, he drained himself so terribly he had no other choice but to break away from that busy style for a bit of time. A short while that had somehow stretched into a long while.

Because he was enjoying it. He enjoyed the moment he decided he wouldn't be working so hard, the moment he took that trip to Italy and Paris with his friends, all those moments he had while in New York, and especially the days that came after his birthday.

He was following his mom's advice, taking things the way that Millie wanted. Friends. And, well, friends could text each other all the time. Friends could call and talk for an endless amount of time, laughing until they were breathless. Friends could wonder and ask how they were doing, feeling. Or be stuck on how much they missed them, or wanting to see them, or just wanting to hear their voice and see that twinkle in their eyes when they smiled.

Yeah, friends do that. He was just doing whatever any other friend does. Even if his heart was feeling everything in a way that a friend shouldn't.

But then, hopefully, she would feel the way he feels. Deep down, he knew that she already had to. Even in the slightest. Because there was that night at the award show party, and their night in Paris, and the kiss at the after party, and how she let him kiss her at his birthday party.

So, maybe she didn't feel it now. Or maybe she didn't know she felt it. But Finn knew that actions often spoke louder than words, and her actions were really screaming something out in response to his own with a certain match of his own yearning.

Despite his heavyweight emotions, it had felt as if he had been frolicking in la la land for so long. Skipping and spinning, relaxing and hanging out. Not worrying about how much time he had to enjoy himself or how long he could spend on a phone call or texting. It didn't really matter what he was doing because it was all on his own time. Then, suddenly, as if a switch had been flipped in his life, those lingering moments of being blissfully at peace with his own time was pushed aside as there were things that needed to be done.