→CHAPTER FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE.

❝ BUT I GUESS THIS AVOIDSTHE STRESS OF FALLING OUT OF IT ❞

THE STRESS OF FALLING OUT OF IT ❞

••

To put it simply, the human brain is confusing to understand. Full of the inner, deepest, most personal thoughts that make you who you are. The certain gears wired up in some criss cross pattern that doesn’t match up with others. The mushy piece of muscle in charge of everything in your body, the part that stores in your traits, what you feel, what you remember. And the fundamentals of memory is quite possibly one of the trickiest things to grasp an understanding of.

Because as the days go by, she finds herself remembering more little details of that particular fuzzy night. Details that she really did not want to know of their existence in the first place.

Her mouth pressed against his soft lips roughly, her hand cupping his cheek as her fingers splayed along his prominent freckled cheekbones. Laying side by side on the mattress still, the first kiss having caught him by surprise as he had tensed up, but he didn’t pull away. Instead, he relaxed into her touch, pulling her closer with one hand on the curve of her waist. Their eyes had gradually fluttered shut, soft breaths mingling, basking in the warmth and electricity that flows through them.

His hand had a firm grip on her waist, keeping a respectful distance in place, but apparently she had other plans. She moved her leg over both of his, climbing above until they were chest to chest, never releasing her own hold on him, never disconnecting their lips. But breathing was becoming harder to do, so Finn broke apart for a quick gasp. Millie seized the opportunity to begin pressing soft kisses along the edge of his jaw, breathless as she marked a trail with her bolded lipstick leaving the faintest markings briefly.

Millie squeezed her eyes shut as that sudden memory surfaced, trying to force that entire night away, push it to the furthest corner of her mind. Seriously, why did it have to come back to her now when she wanted absolutely nothing but to forget it entirely?

“Millie, you okay?”

Her eyes open up again, falling back into reality.

“What?” she asks the blonde, still not entirely focused.

But the pinch of worry etched onto her soft features is clear as day. “You were zoning out.”

Millie waved a hand dismissively. “I’m fine, Lilia. Don’t worry about it.”

The two young ladies had decided to head out for brunch together during that late morning. Of course, a rather popular, normal thing to do when one is in Los Angeles. It was Lilia’s idea, though, having insisted that they spend as much of their morning together as possible because she was going to be busy with some filming in the afternoon. And, well, Millie wasn’t exactly going to refuse when she could really use the company of her bubbly, sweet personality.