→CHAPTER NINE.

CHAPTER NINE.

MON CŒUR DE SILEX VITE PREND FEU,
TON CŒUR DE PYREX RÉSISTE AU FEU,
JE SUIS BIEN PERPLEXE,
JE NE VEUX

••

"We're here!" Sadie squealed excitedly, twirling in the middle of the sidewalk with her arms spread out, the flowery dress she wore spinning around her legs. "The city of love. Finally."

The group of four had already finished getting settled into their hotel suites the night before at a beautiful, tall, white building full of some of the most prettiest sights right outside each window when night fell. The lights of the city would twinkle down below, the Eiffel Tower illuminated in the distance, smaller buildings and tourist folk obscuring the rest of the lower ground.

They each admired the view from their different shared suites after they arrived and got settled; Sadie with Millie, and Caleb with Finn. Always in awe of any sight that didn't normally greet them.

Millie thought it was the city of love for many things. For one, it was for those that are in love, whether it was new or old. It could also be for those who just love endlessly, those who love wholly. Or it could be for those who would be falling in love with something new.

Her favorite part of it all was falling in love with the different sights of the city that provided her with  a change of scenery.

So Paris sightseeing was definitely part of the plan. At least, for her it was. She imagined they would go around every day that they were here, different restaurants and cafés and bakeries, different tourist spots and local attractions. Millie even wanted to enjoy a museum if they could, which she figured she could  at least get Sadie to agree to.

"Millie, get off your phone," Sadie scolded her lightly as they began to walk along the pavement, Caleb and Finn trailing behind. "You've been checking it constantly for the past two hours. What did I say about work stuff on this trip?"

Millie suddenly felt embarrassed, tucking her phone close to her chest. Yeah, Sadie did tell her no work things should be checked on (unless there was an emergency) and so she kept her word about it. However, that didn't include not keeping up to date about the latest tabloid information about herself. She had been checking for any headlines, as always, because she had to be sure that everything was still going well.