→CHAPTER SIX.

CHAPTER SIX.

❝ I'LL STILL BESINKING TO THE FLOOR ❞

❝ I'LL STILL BE
SINKING TO THE FLOOR ❞

••

The bright flashes of light nearly blinded him and the loud pounding music throughout the filled studio area were almost too much for his lack of sleep. And he says almost because at this point, he has had enough time to grow accustomed to dealing with these sorts of things after a restless or tiring endless night.

From the moment he arrives, it is already busy work. Photographers giving him directions, suggestions, ordering others around to get him ready and prepared for the camera. Then comes trying to capture the perfect scene through it all, grabbing the perfect snippets of his appearance. With lighting, the flashes, the pounding music, voices amongst voices droning through one ear and out the other as he mindlessly goes through it all, well, it was bearable.

Though, maybe it was just because he had expected the day to turn out this way. It was almost always a bit hectic when it came to something as important as this photoshoot. Plus, he had grown used to it this far into his career.

The thing that was most aggravating to deal with was his sudden change of a hairstyle.

The photographer nearly had a heart attack when his eyes landed on Finn's abrupt, slight change in appearance. His eyes had widened in such a ridiculous fashion, lips parted as his jaw fell unhinged, it reminded Finn of a cartoon. He almost laughed before he realized that it probably wasn't the best time to do so.

His hair was a mess, though. Ragged when he had first stepped into the  studio with an unkempt, impulsive new hairdo. Inches shorter than when they had last seen him. So he couldn't blame the photographer for his own reaction at seeing the main subject with altered details to work with.

Now, though, after having been rushed quickly to a hairstylist for the preparation of the photoshoot, his hair was more even. A more clean cut, as the stylist described.

He didn't mind that they needed to trim the curls a bit more. He didn't mind needing to stand for a few hours in front of a camera, posing in various positions. He didn't even mind the bossy, prissy photographer ordering everybody around.

Finn wasn't feeling much of anything that day, honestly. From the moment he woke up from his short two hours of sleep from the previous night, he didn't feel a thing. He felt like a zombie going through his day, drifting with the current flow of everything else around him.

But, this wasn't something weird. It wasn't out of the ordinary. Finn often found himself with days such as these. More often than not recently.