→CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.

❝ I CAN SEE THE END AS IT BEGINS ❞

••

"Aw, they're so cute!"

"They are so adorable!" Millie gushed as her eyes were wide in wonder at the tiny twins. "And they look exactly the same!"

Billie and Pete remained sat beside one another on their sofa after having brought in Millie and Sadie. Their twins were officially two weeks old, and given that Millie was ready to give birth at just about any time now, they thought paying a visit to the new parents would be great for Millie to prepare with her own baby.

It was so weird for Millie to be seeing Billie now with her belly no longer as round. The baby fat was still there, but just a small little pouch. It wasn't like her own belly which was tough and still prominently round.

As she moved so sit on the edge of her seat rather eagerly, eyes shining, Millie asked, "Can I hold one of them?"

Billie grinned, "Sure. Little Finneas is already done eating and burping. You know, the usual shit. Except for shit. He still needs to do that."

Millie scrunched her nose, shaking her head softly as Pete carefully handed little Finneas into her arms. Immediately, she began to gush over the small baby she held in her arms, settled right above her round belly. Despite the fact that the baby was only two weeks old, it still shocked her how tiny he looked when held in her arms. Wrapped up in a pastel purple blanket with a mustard yellow beanie pulled over his head, he was practically swallowed up by fabric.

His eyes were a striking blue as he blinked up at her, that innocent baby gaze in them as he stared. Round, chubby cheeks with a tint of pink causing her to lightly squish his cheek between her thumb and finger. She grinned, cooing in baby talk as she began to speak to him.

"Aren't you just the cutest baby boy ever?" she cooed before wiggling her fingers along his neck lightly.

He stared up at her, blinking blankly as he began to drool.

Millie shook her head, glancing towards Billie who cradled her other baby in her arms as she fed her with a bottle. Her blue hair was held back into a mess of strands, the exhaustion in her eyes made more prominent from the recent lack of sleep that came along with newborns. She could understand the couple that sat before her so tiredly, especially since they were handling two newborns.

"So," Millie gently began to rock the baby in her arms, "their names are really long, huh?"

Billie shrugged, nonchalant. "You really think so? I mean, I know it's not exactly fucking short but I didn't think they were long either."