→CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

❝ KNOW I WANT TO BE UNRAVELED ❞

••

Christmas morning was admittedly an odd time to arrive back home in Vancouver, that was certain. Finn had hoped to be there sooner, but he had slept in longer than he had expected after the birthday party. Because of that, his flight scheduling was to be rearranged, and he was going to arrive a little bit later than anticipated.

Honestly speaking, his birthday party had gone very well, other than the awful hangover he woke up with. And to say he had woken up disappointed that morning wouldn't have come as a surprise. Because he knew he had asked Millie to lay with him, he knew he admitted he wouldn't be able to fall asleep without her, and he knew he had stupidly kissed her in his drunken state of mind and that she still agreed to lay with him only to be woken up to the sight of an empty space beside him.

Despite the evident disappointment that flooded his entire being, the prominent headache from the hangover greeting him seemed a bigger problem at the time. Even he knew that he would have plenty more time to focus on his hurting feelings when his head didn't feel like it was being smashed against with a hammer from the inside. So, he put aside his emotions and tried to get through the rest of that morning as well as he could, preparing for his flight and helping to clean the big mess that had been left behind from his guests.

He had, thankfully, slept off most of the effects of his hangover by the time his flight had landed in Vancouver. With his beanie tugged low over his curls, and his big, dark sunglasses obscuring his face, he carelessly maneuvered his way through the airport as he tugged along his luggage, distractedly checking the messages on his phone from plenty wishing a merry Christmas, happy holidays and everything else.

There were numerous messages that stood out from his brother annoyedly texting him asking when he would be home, if he would be there soon, and going on with more pestering, unnecessary questions. Seriously, not even his own parents had sent him as many messages as his brother did.

Once outside in the cold, snow filled air, Finn took a look around the vehicles around him. It seemed he would need to be waiting outside for a bit. His brother was supposed to be picking him up (according to the last message that had been sent), so he made sure to keep an eye out for him as he moved his headphones from around his neck to cover up his ears.

With a quick selection of some random playlist on Spotify, he began scanning the area as he bobbed his head along to the best of the music that began to fill his ears. It didn't take long until one song in particular came on. The tune was familiar, and when the voice greeted with those familiar lyrics he had heard before, the words were suddenly speaking to him in a different way this time as he listened with the certain stray thought of someone continuously flitting through his mind.