Chapter Forty: Breaking Free

[Three and a Half Days Later]

[Nobody's POV]

Kat panted tiredly on The Hiyori Super Trainer. She could barely move as she heaved exhausted from the lack of spirit force. Her thighs ached with a dull pain, she had pushed through the cramping pain the day before. Shinji and company slowly gathered around her feeling she was about to reach her limit.

"She's about to reach her limit Shinji." Kensei said seriously.

"I know." Shinji whispered cruelty.

Shinji walked over to Kat looking at her seriously, but also slightly concerned.

"Kat, you'll be passing out soon. When that happens you'll fall into your inner world and you'll have to fight your inner hollow." Shinji explained somberly, eyeing his tired friend seriously. "If you don't win...she'll completely take over and we will have to kill ya." Shinji warned her sternly.

Kat weakly looked up at Shinji and gently nodded her head in understanding, "Don't worry Shinji...I won't lose." She wheezed tiredly, feeling her eyelids getting heavy. "But still...remember...you promised." Kat whispered drowsily, finally feeling the darkness consume her as she fainted from exhaustion.

Shinji swiftly caught her, picking her up bridal style and looked down at her worriedly.

"Kat, don't lose." Shinji whispered anxiously.

Kensei walked toward the trap door opening it.

Shinji followed behind everyone, "Hachi, place a double layer barrier up here and down here too." Shinji ordered sternly.

"Understood." Hachi replied somberly, mumbling soft incantations, getting the barriers ready.

"Shinji..." Lisa spoke up slightly worry.

"She'll be fine." Shinji replied bluntly, not wanting to discuss his friend's faith any longer.

[Inner Spirit World]

[Kat's POV]

I groaned tiredly feeling soft raindrops hitting my face. I groggily turned around onto my side feeling soft wet grass underneath me. I gently rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes slowly getting onto my knees. I blinked a couple of times trying to get a better look of my inner world and frowned confused at the gloomy looking place. Slowly standing up I looked up at the gray cloudy sky, raindrops gently fell making soft dripping noises around me. I looked around the practically flood landscape wondering where everyone was at.

"Why is everything so gloomy?" I wondered out loud.

"Kat..."

I turn around at the sound of my name and gasped surprised. My eyes widen in horror when I saw all of my spirits chain down from their wrists and ankles onto the ground. I realized it was Kage who had spoken my name.

"What the hell..." I mumbled shocked. I ran over to them, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. "What happened?!" I questioned anxiously almost near them.

I yelled surprised when metal rods suddenly shot out from the ground forming a strange type of cage around my spirits. I grip the metal rods angrily realizing this was Kinzoku's ability. I look over my weaken friends realizing the horrible state they were in.

"What the hell is going on?! Who did this to you guys?!" I yelled angrily.

A sinister chuckle echoed loudly through my inner world. I stiffened in fear knowing exactly who that laugh belong to. I looked around trying to figure out where exactly she was. I turned around quickly feeling her presence behind me