Chapter Thirty-Eight: Conclusion & Feelings

Disclaimer: I don't own Bleach. I only own Catalina Vazquez, Eita Harada, Atsushi Harada and Catalina's spirits.

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Conclusion & Feelings

[12th Division]

[Kat's POV]

I silently walk down the halls of the practically empty 12th division. I look around the place feeling nostalgia.

'It feels weird knowing exactly where I'm at and having memories of this place from when Kisuke was Captain.' I wonder astonish.

I stop when I saw Toshiro up ahead leaning against a doorway, staring intently into the room. I silently walk up beside him staring solemnly into the room where Momo lay. Her tiny body was hooked up to so many things, her painful pants echo softly through the room.

"She's going to be ok." I said quietly, glancing at Toshiro from the corner of my eye.

He simply continuing staring at Momo, ignoring what I said.

"You may not believe me. But I'm right, she'll be fine." I state firmly, glancing at Momo sadly.

'I'm sorry Momo...I'm going to try harder so you don't get hurt next time.' I thought determinedly.

"I'm sorry." Toshiro finally spoke up, slightly anger.

I turn to look at him surprise, eyeing him for an explanation.

Toshiro sigh in frustration and look at me blankly.

"For not listening to you back in the Central 46." He elaborates sternly, digging his fingers angrily into his cross arms.

I blink surprise at the sudden apologize, "It's fine." I murmur back gently. "I would've done the same thing if someone I loved was hurt." I reply sympathetically. "I'm sorry for not trying harder to save her." I add remorsefully, glancing at Momo from the corner of my eyes.

"It's fine. It wasn't your job to protect her...it was mine." Toshiro reply firmly, still looking at Momo guilt-ridden.

I look at him sadly, understanding all too well what a burden it is to carry around the guilt of not being able to help or protect the ones you love.

"Well, I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you were doing ok." I state gently, looking at Toshiro worriedly.

He completely ignored my question, "I heard you'll be heading back to the human world." Toshiro states bluntly swiftly changing the subject.

I sigh softly, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, I guess so." I reply back indifferently.

Toshiro glance at me and raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" I ask confuse.

"You don't sound so sure about it." Toshiro reply blankly.

I sigh softly, "I'm sure about going back. It's just...I'm concern about the future." I reply honestly.

'I didn't want him knowing about my secret just yet.'

I nervously rub my shoulder laughing sheepishly, "Toshiro, can you promise me something?" I question him softly.

Toshiro nods his head, indicating me to continue.

"Don't let Aizen's taunting get the better of you next time." I said somberly and look at him seriously. "Because next time not only will you get hurt, but everyone you care about as well." I warn him solemnly.