e l e v e n 🔥

Later that night, while Josh was working on his rescue plan, Ender came in to see him. When he heard that he walked in, Josh didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry to disturb you." Ender said.

"You did." Josh replied.

"I'm sorry."

"What do you want?"

"The leader has given Jenna permission to see you, if you wish to see her."

Josh stood up.

"Take me to her."

Ender made a small grin.

"As you wish."

Josh followed Ender to the leader's tent. He was told to wait outside until it was time.

In the tent, Jenna sat on the bed, awaiting to see Josh. No emotion was reeling through her. Nothing. All she wanted was Josh, but she couldn't feel anything.

When the time came, Ender came into the tent.

"Josh is outside waiting to see you."

Jenna nodded, looking down to the ground.

"Send him in."

Ender allowed Josh into the tent, where he saw her, but not as she used to be.

She was standing there, looking out the window, covered with marks and bruises, barely herself anymore

Josh was devastated to see that they turned a beautiful kindhearted girl into a broken and scarred person.

He started walking towards her.

"Hey, Jenna? Are you-"

"Don't fucking come near me."

Josh stopped, and just stood there.

"I know you're hurt, but I'm here, and I'm going to help you."

"How? You're never there, and you've been so focused on saving Tyler."

Josh kept calm and continued to talk to her.

"I understand how you're feeling, and I do want my flower back, but I'm going to get you out of this first."

Jenna scoffed.

"There's no way."

"There is a way. Kai and I spoke to Linh. She told us she went through the same thing, and we're doing all we can to stop him from hurting anyone else."

"Do you know what they did to Lilac?" Jenna asked.

"I'm sure she was tricked into doing this-"

"They beat her." Jenna said. "They beat her in front of me, while I was tied up, like a dog chained up to a tree. I wanted to stop them and take the beating myself, but I was trapped, with no way out."

Josh became sad.

"There is no way out. Not for you, not for me, not for anybody. If you want to become one of them, you have to be broken down. Everyone one of us to torn to shreds until you don't have a soul, and that's what they did to me, and I'm sure he's done it to you."

"He hasn't. Kai took me in and kept me away from all that. Him and I are working hard to free you, and we'll rescue Tyler and go back to the way everything was."

Jenna snapped.

"Oh you've always pitied him. Our poor little flower."

Josh felt hopeless.

"This isn't you Jenna. He's got you convinced that everything is lost, but it isn't. There is a way out, and I'm going to make it happen. I promise."

Suddenly, Ender came in.

"Time's up."

Josh looked back at Jenna one last time.

"There is a way."

He walked out, allowing Ender to come in.

Jenna collapsed onto the bed, sobbing.