s i x t e e n 🔥

When Jenna returned to Trench, it was still quiet and dark. Nobody had suspected that she'd leave.

She expected to come into her tent and hide Nico's head till morning, but when she entered, she saw Yvonne, Ender, and Wren standing at the entrance.

"She has killed someone." Yvonne said. "You have Nico's head."

"I was wrong about her." Wren said. "She should never be trusted with the head of a spell."

"W-What?" Jenna said; startled.

Wren snatched the bag away from her, but she held it, it turned into dust.

"No!" Jenna cried. "That was Nico's head!"

"That was not Nico's head you lying bitch! That was the head of no one!"

Wren pulled her to the ground, restraining her. Jenna struggled, tossing and turning to get out of her grip, but it was no use.

"The leader says you must die for your actions, and that's exactly what we're about to do."

Wren picked up Jenna and held her mouth open, still keep her restrained.

Ender took out what looked like a bottle of poison, but before he could administer it, Yvonne came aside.

"I'll do it."

Jenna began to panick.

"No! Yvonne no!"

Wren pulled her even tighter.

"Shut up!"

"I'm sorry Jenna. You're a great friend, but you've done is punishable by death."

Yvonne opened the bottle and held it towards Jenna's lips.

"But, only death can pay for life."

In an instant, Yvonne drank the poison, right before Jenna's eyes, and she fell to the ground.

She was dead.

Horrified at what just happened, Jenna broke out of Wren's grip, rushing to Yvonne's side, holding her in her arms.

"No! Yvonne! Don't die! Don't die!"

Wren stood and watched, feeling no emotion.

"Why are you crying?"

"S-She was my friend!"

"No she won't! You betrayed her!"

"I-I didn't mean to."

"She was no one."

Jenna looked down and saw that Yvonne's face disappeared, into the form of the leader.

"Hello Jenna."

"W-What?"

"Yvonne never existed." Ender said. "Well, she did, but she betrayed us too, and we killed her."

"WHAT!" Jenna cried. "NO!"

"Yvonne was nothing but a liar and a traitor. We tricked you into thinking I was her and we could help you escape."

The leader got in her face.

"But you were so naive to fall for it."

Suddenly, Jenna felt her sight disappearing before her. Her eyes turned white like snow, and blood streamed from her sockets.

"I-I can't see!"

Jenna stood up, stretching her hands out.

"W-What's happening?!"

The leader stood by her, laughing evilly.

"What's happening?!"

Ender started laughing, then Wren came in laughing as well.

Jenna screamed, falling to the ground, in her own pool of bloody tears.