[ten] 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐘

two months later

two months later

anne let out a sight as she looked at the classroom's door.

you can do this, she said to herself. after a long time crying, she realized it was pointless and decided to go back to school.

she slowly opened the door, and suddenly, everyone was silent.

"it's anne! she's here!" diana suddently exclaimed as everyone made their way to her, hugging and smiling at her.

even billy smiled, which was rare for him.

"so...what did i miss?" anne asked, and all of her classmates started telling stories about the past months.

she felt happy. like she was with gilbert again.
no! this has nothing to gilbert.

"quiet everyone!" a familiar voice said, which surprisingly didn't belong to miss stacey.

'why is mr. phillips here?' anne mouthed to diana as they were going to sit down.

'i'll explain later.' diana mouthed back.

"seems like our smartie is back." mr phillips said. "i wish it was gilbert, but oh well."

anne rolled her eyes at him, not being in the mood to say anything.

she decided to have a healthier lifestyle, even though it was hard.

like, really hard.

"wanna do something after school?" josie asked, and the girls nodded.

"like what?" billy, moody and charlie joined their conversation.

"we can hang out or something." josie replied.

"wanna go to my house?" diana asked. "my parents aren't home today." she said.

everyone nodded and went in the cafeteria, and suddenly anne felt a tap on her shoulder.
she turned around to see charlie.

"hi anne!" he said.

"hi charlie." she smiled back at him. her and charlie never really talked, but i suppose they were friends.

"so, i was wondering if you'd like to prom with me?" he asked, making her heart drop.

another flashback. that was a day after she and gilbert left miss stacey's class when she couldn't come,

"hey gilbert?" she asked as the two were walking on the hallways.

"yes?" he replied.

"now that we're friends, friends go to places together right?" she asked him.

"yeah, sure." he replied, knowing she's up to something."

"well, you know that there's prom and-"

"woah, woah, woah. am i dreaming or is anne shirley cuthbert asking me to prom?" he raised and eyebrow.

"i am not. i'm just wondering if you'd like to go together. as friends." she said as she left.

"wait! i wanna go!" he yelled as he saw her left.
but what he didn't know that he made her smile. well, just a little bit,

or a little bit more.

"anne? anne? are you okay?" he asked, making her snap out of her thoughts.

"uh, yeah-yeah." she quickly replied.

you need to get over him, she said to herself.

"yes, charlie,"

"...i'd love to go with you."

hey! short chapter, i know, but i want to let you in suspense so...
i'm sorry for this trashy chapter i promise i'll make a better one soon.

-sofi-

3<