[twenty-one] 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

"gil? gilbert? are you okay?" cole asked the hazel eyed boy, who was just staring at the sky

they were both standing on the grass.

"i don't know what to do. i tried everything, and now she hates me even more." gilbert told the blonde.

"you still have my plan." cole said.

"but what if it doesn't work? if this doesn't go right, i'll lose her forever." gilbert said.

"gil, she admitted her feelings to you. it shouldn't me so hard from now on." cole tried to comfort him.

"i suppose."

"it takes a lot winning the person you love. learned that the hard way." cole said.

"who's the lucky guy?" gilbert asked.

"girl. i figured out that i'm bi." cole said.

"why don't you tell the others?" gilbert asked the blonde, who let out a sight.

"i don't know. i'm pretty sure that they will accept me and all, but i just- i don't know." cole explained.

really, he had no idea why he wouldn't tell them. maybe because all of the jokes they made about him being gay, without knowing that he'd actually date a guy.

"so, what happend?"

"oh, right. her name was beverly. beverly marsh." cole started. "she was from new york. i met her when aunt joshephine was on a business trip, and she took me with her. she was a redhead, just like anne. she was so pretty. i talked to her, and she seemed like such a great person. but one day, while aunt josephine was out, i decided to get drunk and made out with some other girl. after that she didn't even want to talk to me. few days later i saw her with this guy, bill denbrough. so even though i tried so much, one little mistake ruined everything."

"i met beverly." gilbert said.

"really?"

"yeah. i also met her boyfriend." gilbert continued.

"oh. did she say anything about me?" cole asked and gilbert shook his head.

"so what you mean is that if we do your "plan" and fail, i'll have no chance?" gilbert asked him, and cole nodded.

"you know, it might work. but we need the rest of the group." cole said.

"actually, i think i need beverly." gilbert said.

"what? why?" cole asked.

"long story. i promise, i'll explain later.

"what? gil-" cole said but stopped after seeing the hazel-eyed boy already left.

as the boy put his phone to his ear and called beverly's number, he suddently rememberd about an afternoon he has spend with beverly.

"so you don't live in the countryside?" beverly asked the hazel-eyed boy.

"bev, i told you already. i live in avonlea. it's a town." gilbert laughed at the redhead.

"i knew someone from avonlea. his name was cole." beverly said.

gilbert pretended to not know who cole is, and just listened to her.

"he was really cute." beverly continued.

"so, what happend?" gilbert asked.

suddently her smile faded away. "it's getting late. i should go." she said.

"did i do something wrong?" he said, as he watched her get up from the bench they weew sitting on.

"no, no. you're fine. see you tomorrow." she said as she left, leaving gilbert wondering what actually happend between her and cole.

yes, cole told him how he got drunk and all, but that wasn't all. he knew it. there should've been something else.

his phone kept ringing, until she finally picked up.

"hello?"

ten years later i've finally uploaded.
and there might be a possibility i'll be in a commercial( that was random, but it felt important lol).

i'm lowkey proud of this chapter

see y'all.

-sofi