[eighteen] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃

1 week later

1 week later

"come on cole!" gilbert yelled at the blonde.

"i'm an aritist, not an athlete!" cole said.

the boys entered charlottetown's library.

"so what are we looking for?" cole asked, trying to catch his breathe.

"i told you back home." gilbert replied, still looking through the library.

"get her jane eyre book. she loves her." cole said.

"she really does." gilbert said.

"what about the neighborhood?" cole asked. looking through the section with jane eyre books.

"what's up with the neighborhood?" gilbert asked.

"well, it's something you both love, right?" cole said.

"yeah. love." gilbert repeated.

-

"i am really worried." anne said. "gilbert's been missing for 1 week."

"maybe he's sick." diana said.

"i thought you didn't like him anymore." josie tried to teased. anne rolled her eyes at her comment.

i thought you had a brain, anne thought. oh wait, you never had one.

"i don't." she said. "but he could be in serious danger. you know what happend last time." the redhead continued.

"i think he's fine." a voice from behind said. anne turned and smiled at the sight of her bestfriend.

"cole!" she said, quickly running and wrapping her handz around him.

"i think there's someone else you'd want to see." he said.

"who?" she said.

"turn around." he said, and she did what she's been told. "gilbert!" she yelled.

and even though anne shirley-cuthbert would never admit it, not to me, or to you, she missed gilbert. she really did.

the redhead quickly gave him a tight hug. no one said anything. they just smiled.

"i g-got you this." he said after she let go.
he slowly gave her a mixtape. "i know you like the neighborhood. so i made a mixtape with them."

"thanks, lover boy." she smiled.

"of course carrots." he smiled back.

and how i said before, anne shirley-cuthbert would never admit(not even to herself), that she was happy to see him.

really happy.

"so are we friends again?" he asked.

"yeah. friends."

-

"you know, i couldn't have done this without cole. the neighborhood and everything." he said.

they were lying on the grass, looking at the sunset.

"hey blythe?" she asked him, making him turn around.

"yes?"

"can we pretend that this last months didn't happen?" she asked.

"of course. hi, i'm gilbert blythe. wanna be friends?" he asked, making her chuckle.

"i'm anne shirley-cuthbert, and i'd love to be your friends." she smiled at him.

after that, they both hit their heads on the ground laughing at ourselves.

"are you okay, shirley?" he asks, still laughing.

"yeah." she laughed i'm good.

"i'm just asking because you laughing sounds like a dying cat." he joked.

"gilbert!" she attempted to yell, but instead just laughed even more.

"i missed you shirley." he said after he stopped laughing.

"i missed you too, blythe."

hehe i hate this chapter. also i'm sorry this chapter was inspired by blythexcarrots . i'm so sorry i stole your mixtape and i'm so sorry pls forgive me.

and also, this book is so close to 2k! thank you all so much!

see y'all in the next chapter.

bye!

-sofi-