[fifteen] 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

"am i dreaming or is anne shirley cuthbert in detention?" gilbert smirked

"shut up before i kick your ass." she rolled her eyes at the hazel-eyed boy.

"language younglady." mr. phillips said.

anne went to find a seat and plugged her earphones in, covering the wires with her hair so mr. phillips won't hear it.

she played dancing queen by abba, and opened her notebook, trying to draw something.

"what are you listening to?" gilbert asked.

"none of your business." anne whispered.

"why you gotta be so rude?" gilbert asked, trying to imitate a bruno mars kind of voice.

"don't even dare." she said.

"no talking. i have a meeting right now, and you two stay here. try not to do anything stupid." he said.

"don't you mean date?" gilbert raised an eyebrow.

mr. phillips gave him "one more hour of detention" look, and walked away.

anne looked at gilbert, who was busy laughing at his hand.

"why are you laughing?" she asked after a few
moments.

"none of your business." gilbert smirked.

that's weird, anne thought. two hours ago he was heartbroken and now he's just so...normal teenage boy. and that's weird. because even i don't like thinking about this, gilbert is, truly, unique.

"why are you starring at me?" he asked.

"i wasn't starring." she said, immediately looking away after realizing she was actually starring at him.

anne decided to ignore him for the next two hours, and played her song.

you can dance,

why am i like this? i don't even like him anymore.

you can jive,

stop it, anne. you don't like gilbert blythe.

gathering the time of your life,

stop. stop. stop. stop.

ooh, see that girl,

you're over him.

watch that scene,

yeah. you are, right?

dig in the dancing queen,

yes. right.

wrong.

"anne? anne are you okay?" gilbert asked, seeing that anne looked like she didn't know where she was.

"anne?" he tried again. no answer.

"anne are you- oh god!" gilbert said, after seeing the redhead fall to the ground.

she hit her head aganist the table, but it didn't leave a mark.

"anne? anne can you hear me?" gilbert said, as he went to her, and put her head in his lap.

"l-love." she said. she wasn't looking at him. she was just starring at the ceiling.

"love?" he repeated.

"still. still love you." she said. now he realized what was going on.

the letter.

"what's going on?" he asked, confused.

"sorry. i'm really sorry." she said. you could just see the pain in her eyes.

"no, no it's okay. it's okay, you didn't do anything wrong." he tried to calm her down.

she didn't respond. after a few moments of silence anne opened her mouth again, as she was still in gilbert's lap.

"it's my fault." she said.

"no, it's not. you didn't do anything wrong anne. it was my fault." gilbert said.

"stop blaming yourself!" she yelled at him. well at least tried to yell.

"anne, it's okay. i'm here." he said. there was just something about her. she's so different, but in a good way.

he's seen thousands of girls crying, but to be honest, he didn't give a shit.

but even if nothing happend between them, something would make him want to help her.

she looked so...vulnerable.

"hey." she said, finally making eye contact with him.

"yes?" he replied.

"can we still be friends, lover boy?" she asked, making him smile.

"of course, carrots."

i don't even know how i feel about this chapter. i kinda like it, and kinda not.

also, sorry for not really uploading, i've been kinda busy with school and shit.

oh, and i've watched the first episode of awae 3 (well, i had to watch it on youtube because it's not out yet in my country), and it was amazing. i've also previewed awae s3, ep 2, and damn cole is grown up now.

ugh, i can wait!

see you all in the next chapter.

bye!

-sofi-