Chapter Sixty - Confused

Namjoon

My head was spinning and my arms and legs felt heavy. The room was turning at an alarming rate. Staggering to my paws, I clenched my eyes shut a few times to help them focus. I was in the panther's enclosure and I was unsure of where the other panther might be.

My ears twitched as they tried to pick up on any sound of stalking or movement. I heard a tapping behind me and looked back to see the large glass wall with Li on the other side, almost laughing. He beckoned me over with the wiggle of a finger and I trudged over.

"I hope you enjoy your stay!" he said. He waved and it was then I caught sight of Aster just behind him.

I clambered right up to the glass, pawing and frantically trying to get her to recognize me. She looked at me skeptically, face twisted into a doubtful expression.

I pressed my head up to the glass and growled my frustration. I couldn't shift for obvious reasons. Not at least till she was gone. I wasn't ready to drop my manners and dignity.

My blood ran cold as I heard a step behind me. My eyes met with Aster's through the glass for a split second before I felt a body pummel into me.

Loud snarls echoed throughout the enclosure and I felt claws dig into my hide. I sling myself around and smashed the attacking panther up against the glass. He was strong and agile, and also extremely territorial.

We wrestle and swiped at one another repeatedly. I finally got away and took off through the undergrowth of the enclosure. I launched myself up into one of the small trees and tried to catch my breath. I kept my eyes scanning the ground below me and my muscles stayed taut, ready to leap out of harm's way.

I underestimated my opponent though. From a nearby branch his body was launched at me, knocking us both to the ground below. I took the brunt of the drop and struggled to get back onto my feet. The black panther was practically foaming at the mouth with anger. He got a bit to arrogant though, and that's when he messed up.

* * *

Aster
"General! No! Don't do this! They'll kill each other!" I clawed at the General's arm as he drug me away from Coal's enclosure. I could hear the fight through the glass and it sent cold chills up my spine. I saw the two black bodies tangled together, rolling along the dirt at the bottom of the enclosure. I saw them snarling and snapping.

My eyes filled with tears as I was drug farther and farther away. "Please," I whispered.

"I care about you, Aster, but right now, one thing I do not care about is which of those panthers die."

"How could you say that?" I was horrified with his reply. Coal had been my baby. Almost my pet! And my General was wishing him dead right now? How could he?

"Very easily, Aster. I don't care about those two. Now shut up and follow me. It's time for tea."

He continued to pull me along, giving me no more responses or even looks. I struggled to keep my balance. My eyes were hot with tears imagining the worst of what we just left behind.

We arrived at our normal tea table and I was shoved down into my seat. My General dropped into his seat and covered his eyes with one hand. "Pour the tea, Aster."

"Yes, sir," I said quietly. My hands were trembling as I reached up to take the small teapot. I poured his tea, but my mind was elsewhere and I overflowed the cup into the saucer, and subsequently the table.