Chapter 4

Melanie

For the first time in a long time I was scared. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and I had no idea where I was. I tried moving my hands and feet but they were tied up. I tried screaming but there was tape over my mouth.

I could feel movement and I knew I was in the back of a van. My head began to hurt as I tried to remember how I got here, and then the memory came back. I remembered the club and then Nasir. My brother was really dead.

I began to kick the van and move trying desperately to get free but nothing was working. I laid down as tears streamed down my face. Shortly after I fell into a deep sleep.

When I finally woke up I realized the van had stopped, and I heard footsteps outside. A couple minutes later the door opened and I saw Ghost. The anger in my body rose but I couldn't move bc I was tied up. He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder as we walked up the steps of what looked like a mansion cabin.

He opened the door and carried me upstairs to a room and threw me on the bed. He untied the knots around arms and legs and carefully removed the tape from over my mouth.

Once I was free I quickly stood up and in a swift motion put Ghost in a headlock. I squeezed tightly on his neck and he clawed at my arms trying to get free.

"Who do you work for and why did you kill my brother?" I asked through gritted teeth as I choked him harder.

He tapped my arm letting me know he would answer me if I released him. I let him go and after struggling to catch his breathe he looked over at me.

"Bitch are you fucking crazy, you know I can blow your head off," he said.

"Do it.....I don't care, my brother is dead there is nothing I have left to live for. Now answer me, who do you work for?" I responded back.

"I don't work for nobody but myself. There is a lot of shit going on that I can't really tell you about. You need to trust me cause right now I'm the only person you have left whose willing to spare your life," he said.

I looked around the room taking in my surroundings. The room was big with its own bathroom and a big closet filled with new clothes and couple of my old clothes.

"Is it true that Nasir was shot and killed? What about CoCo is she safe and can I contact her," I asked looking back at Ghost.

"I'm sorry Dutchess but your brother is dead and CoCo was safely escorted out the club but no one knows her whereabouts," he said.

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I thought about my brother. He was the only family I had left and now he was gone. My heart ached as the memories of his lifeless body clouded my mind.

"Wha-at about Kane is he safe?"

"He was shot and the last I heard he was in the hospital in critical condition... they don't think he'll make it," he said.

I felt my chest tighten as I cried, all the people I loved and cared about where gone and I wanted nothing more than to kill the people who did this to me.

"Who did this? And how do you know so much are you working for them," I asked. I knew I was bombarding him with questions but I had to know.

"I can't tell you that yet and if I was working for them would I be sitting here with you right now," he said looking into my eyes.

I looked away...

"Look you gotta stay here it's for your safety and you can't have any real contact with the outside world. Everyone thinks your dead and for your protection it has to stay that way. Most people don't know you like that so it's good and your name moving forward is Summer." He said.

I nodded my head as I looked down at my party dress, which was now ruined. He was right, Nasir kept me in the dark when it came to actual meetings. Kane and him would handle the meetings even though I did accompany him on a few.

"I'll let you have time to yourself," he said getting up from the bed.

"Wait.... where exactly are we and whose house is this,"

"It's my house I come up here when I need to clear my mind, no one knows about it. And we're in Tennessee." He responded back to me.

He walked out the door and closed it behind him. I looked around the room and down at my dress.

I decided to take a shower to clear my head. I never would of thought I would end up here in this situation. After showering I got dressed and went to
sleep. I had a lot on my mind.