Chapter 28

Melanie

"Girl I can't wait to go out tonight. I feel like it's been forever since we all hung out," said Risse as we drove towards the salon.

"It really has I miss going out with you and Amber," I said.

We haven't really gone out or hung out in a minute due to us being so busy. There was a popular club/lounge that we were going too. Malik was cautious about me going out but I didn't care. I needed a break from all the craziness that had been going on.

We finally arrived at the salon and we both clocked in. Afterwards we went to our stations and began setting up for the day. I went to the back to get some hair products when Halle came and told me there was a girl looking for me.

My appointment wasn't for another thirty minutes but I decided to walk out and see who it was. I noticed that she was a pretty brown skin girl but she wasn't my client. She looked really familiar but I didn't know where I knew her from.

"Hey Halle said you were looking for me,"

"Ummm..yeah I was wondering if you could squeeze me in I'm going out with some friends and I need my hair touched up,"

"Unfortunately I can't I have an appointment in about thirty minutes and it takes an hour to do touch ups. I can get Halle to set you up with another stylist"

"It's cool I'll figure something out...thanks anyways. You have a great rest of your day,"

"Okay you too,"

I thought the exchange was a little weird but I didn't pay it any mind. Thirty minutes later my client showed up and I did her hair. I was cleaning up my equipment when I noticed her get in the car with the same girl that asked me to do her hair earlier. It was weird but I decided to ignore the uncomfortable feeling I got.

The day had finally come to an end and I was ready to get home and get ready for my night out with the girls. I decided to take a nap before waking up and getting ready.

I decided to wear a form fitting lavender dress and a pair of silver tie up heels. I made sure to secure the strings around my calf before turning around in the mirror. I combed my hands through my black body wave wig and sprayed my perfume. I looked beautiful and I felt even better.

"You sure y'all can't have a girls night in and hang out here? I'm not comfortable with you being out," said Ghost as he stood at the bathroom door.

"Yes baby... I'll be safe okay. I have my taser and pepper spray plus my phone is fully charged so you can contact me," I said as I stared at him through the mirror.

"Man alright just be safe and call me if you need me. I'll be at LB's place," he said.

"Alright baby," I said as my phone dinged. I looked down and saw that Amber had texted me and they were outside.

I kissed Ghost on the lips before making my way outside.

"Hey whores," I said as I climbed in the back seat.

They laughed and said hi back before we drove down the street towards the lounge/club.

Jumpin by Destiny's Child was blasting on the radio just as we pulled into the parking lot. We found a place to park and made our way to the front of the line.

Luckily Amber's cousin was the bouncer so he let us in which earned us a lot of dirty looks from the people waiting in line.

"Thanks KD," we said.

"Anytime cuz,"

We made our way inside and since we paid for a section we walked up to the top where our section was.