Chapter 19

Ghost

The weekend had finally arrived and I was slick nervous for tonight. This night was special and I had a lot of surprises in store for Dutchess. I was currently driving to meet my Uncle's jeweler to pick up the gifts I had customized for her.

My phone rang and I looked down and saw it was Risse.

"Wassup Risse," I said as soon as the call connected.

"Hey Malik, I'm in the car with Amber. We have her dress and shoes so we will drop that off, and then we will do her hair and make up. Kiko is also going to stop by and do her manicure and pedicure. I just wanted to let you know. Also Andrea said she will come by to do her massage and wax so everything is going as planned," she said.

"That's wassup. Thanks again for helping me out," I said.

"No problem that's my sister and you're my fave cousin so it's nothing. I'm happy I can help out,"she said.

We talked for a little longer before I made it to my stop.

I was meeting with the jeweler to pick up the gifts. He did exactly what he was suppose to do and I was excited to give them to Dutchess. I paid him for his services and then made my way out and to my next stop.

I had just made it out of the mall and now I was on my way to LB's place to get ready for tonight. Redd still felt some kind of way and I honestly didn't give a fuck.

I had called the restaurant just to make sure everything was ready as well as the limo service.

I was chilling with LB until it was time for me to get ready and make my way to the restaurant. I decided to smoke a blunt to ease my nerves. I had never done anything like this for a girl but Dutchess was special. I just hoped everything went as planned.

A couple of hours had went by before I showered and got ready. I got dressed in my white button down shirt and black fitted suit and tie. I tied my locs into a low bun and brushed down my beard. I sprayed my cologne before grabbing my keys and heading out.

I pulled into Luxxe this fancy Italian restaurant. I walked to the back where I had a room reserved and quickly sat down waiting for Dutchess' arrival.

*************************************************

Melanie

I didn't know what Ghost had planned but I was nervous and excited. I had just got done having my mini spa session and mani/pedi. Amber and Risse were now doing the final touches of my hair and make up. I wore a silk black mini dress with a pair of black Giuseppe heels. My hair was  curled in a body wave style that stopped at my waist and my make up was done natural and flawless. I admired myself in the mirror as I sprayed my perfume.

"You look so beautiful love," said Amber.

"Thanks boo and thank y'all for taking care of me today. I love y'all," I said. We engulfed eachother in a group hug.

"No problem hun. You know we got you," they said.

My heart felt happy just thinking about how Ghost had went out of his way to take care of me. No man has ever done anything like this for me and I was really grateful.

"You're ride is here let's go," said Risse as we made it downstairs and out the door.

I was shocked when I saw the limo waiting outside.

"Good evening Ms. Summer. My name is Walter and I will be your driver for today," said the driver as he handed me a bouquet of roses.

I smiled as he opened the door for me and I got settled in. I relaxed in the seat as he maneuvered through traffic, thirty minutes later we made it to our destination.