Chapter 26

Melanie

It had been a couple of days since Tia's surprise visit and things were still a little weird. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen.

I decided to push my thoughts to the side as I focused on my client's hair. I was doing a partial sew in with leave out. Everyone was vibing and having a good time.

The door to the salon opened and I rolled my eyes once I saw Moni walk in with Desiree and Denise. Why Denise was in the salon I don't know, but she better not say a word to me.

"Hey Summer, you're doing a great job with her hair. You mind doing my hair like that," asked Denise

"Your two friends next to you know how to do a sew in. Get one of them to do it.. I'm booked,"

"But I want you. I don't mind paying extra for you to do it," she replied back.

"I said no, I'm booked. But thanks for the offer...I don't need the extra money,"

"I see why you have issues in this salon. You have terrible customer service. I'm a paying customer and I could get you fired for bad service,"

"What exactly is the bad service though, because I said I'm booked. You're messy just like tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. Moni and Des please get your girl, we're all vibing and having a good time and here you come with the bullshit," I said.

"Exactly Moni get your messy friend out of here. You're just trying to start something with Summer and that isn't cool," said Rolesia.

"Wait I don't think I was talking to you. Moni isn't she the girl who tried to steal your man?"

"I didn't try to steal anything that wasn't already free. Y'all are so pathetic like take your miserable asses outside we are not on that right now," said Rolesia.

"This is my momma's salon and I'm going to respectfully ask you to leave. You will not come in here and antagonize the stylists," said Risse.

"Whatever I have been in better establishments. This lil run down salon ain't doing anything special,"said Denise.

No one responded to her as she walked out. She is such a miserable person and no one was on that.

"Sorry about that y'all she promised to be on her best behavior. I'll talk to her cause you didn't deserve that Summer, and Rolesia you could never steal my man so don't get besides yourself," said Moni as she walked out the door after Denise.

"I don't know who she's checking. Her man definitely has been on my line and he's definitely had a taste of this honey so she needs to go somewhere," said Rolesia.

Quay, Risse and I all looked at her sideways as she made that confession. It wasn't my business even though Moni wasn't a crowd favorite, she was still a woman and didn't deserve that.

"Now you know you're my sister and I don't like Moni but it's dangerous to mess with another girl's man," said Quay.

"I hear you but from the looks of it they are not in a relationship and he's single and I'm single so we are doing what single people do. I haven't fucked him but he has definitely ate me out a couple of times," said Rolesia.

I didn't say anything as I finally finished my client's hair. I was chilling afterwards when my phone rang and it was an unknown number. I was hesitant to pick it up but I decided to anyway.

"Hello,"

"........."

"Hello"

"........"