Chapter 6

Melanie

I was tired and I wanted nothing more than to disappear. I missed my brother like crazy and I kept having flashbacks to him getting shot. I wanted to kill the niggas who took everything from me and the fact that I was trapped in Tennessee didn't help the situation. I knew Ghost was trying to protect me but I didn't need his protection. I wanted revenge.

I looked down at the phone he gave me to contact him if I needed anything. I know I wasn't suppose to be on social media but I made a fake account so I could keep up with what was going on. I was scrolling through the Shaderoom when one of their posts made my heart drop.

"Atlanta Hawks point guard Tariq Wood welcomes daughter with wife Sheree Wood"

My mouth hung open as sadness and anger ran through me. I couldn't call CoCo to vent and I couldn't call his ass to curse him out. I wasn't a homewrecker and I didn't have any feeling for Tariq but I was still hurt. More so hurt that he would use me like that. I wiped the tear that slid down my cheek as I exited out the app.

I hated feeling like this I missed my brother and my best friend and I wanted my old life back. I got up and went downstairs to find something to eat. I was happy Ghost was still asleep so I could get my food and eat upstairs in peace.

After heating up the leftover pizza from last night I walked back to my room and locked the door. I heard my phone ding indicating that I had a text message. I looked down and smirked at the message.

Redd: hey ma what you doing today?

Nothing....what's up?

Redd: let's chill today I'm trying to get to know you better

I thought about it I was bored but I didn't know if I could trust him completely. He is fine and we were definitely vibing yesterday but after the news I saw today I was cool on niggas. I texted him back letting him know I would think about it before closing my phone and laying down.

An hour later I woke up from my nap to voices downstairs. It sounded like a female and I got up to investigate. Ghost was starting to annoy me with all these random ass people he kept inviting over. I don't trust anyone right now including him so he needs to chill.

I walked out the room and towards the kitchen to put my plate up but I stopped once I heard laughing. Ghost was sitting in the living room with some girl who was laughing and rubbing all up on him. He turned to look at me just as the girl gave me a stank look. He was shirtless and his tattoos were on full display, I couldn't help glancing at his body.

"Who is this bitch and why the fuck does she not have on any clothes?" the mystery girl asked.

I looked down at my chocolate brown sports bra and biker short set and back at her.

" I would change my tone if I were you don't be calling me out my name," I said looking at her.

"Ayee man chill. Y'all not finna fight in here. Tia this is my friend Summer and Summer this is my friend Tia," said Ghost.

"Don't act brand new in front of this bitch, I'm his girlfriend hoe and I don't like how your dressed around my man," she said

I felt my anger rising I wasn't going to be too many more bitches. "Sis you don't know me but I'm warning you, I will drag you if you call me out of my name again."

She looked at Ghost then at me.. "So you left Atlanta to play house with another bitch, is this why I couldn't come with you?"

Before anyone could blink I charged at her and I was about to punch her when Ghost grabbed me and held me against the wall. "Bitch I said don't call me out my name now I'm going to fuck you up," I screamed. I tried squirming to get out of his hold but he wasn't letting up.