Chapter 24

Melanie

Cater 2 U by Destiny's Child played in the background as I added the finishing touches to the dinner I made. I carefully placed the smothered chicken on the plate along with the homemade garlic mash potatoes and green beans.

I opened the bottle of red wine and poured it in our glasses and double checked on the truffle cheesecake in the fridge. I set the table and lit the candle and waited for Malik to come home.

For the past couple of days he has looked stressed so I wanted to do this to make him feel better.

I smoothed out my dress once I heard the key in the lock and stood waiting for Malik to make his way inside.

"What is this?" he asked as he walked into the dining area.

"A little token of my appreciation. You have been so stressed lately so I decided to do something nice for you," I said as I fidgeted with my fingers. I didn't know why I was so nervous but he did that to me.

"Thanks babe lemme wash my hands real quick,"

I watched as he washed his hands before grabbing his hand and guiding him to the dining area. I gently sat him down in his seat before making my way to the other side.

"Why you sitting over there ma? Come sit next to me,"

I moved my plate closer to him as after saying grace we ate and talked. After eating we ate dessert and made our way upstairs. While Malik was in the shower I got the rest of the surprise set up. I quickly lit the candles and made sure that the massage oils were still warm. I quickly went into my bathroom and changed into my royal blue lingerie set with the matching royal blue robe. I put on my silver heels and rubbed some perfume on my body. I reapplied my lip gloss and smoothed down my bob hairstyle. I looked good and I felt even better. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash before making it back into the room.

The shower had just turned off and I stood in the center waiting for him to come out. I quickly played the slow jams radio on my phone that was connected to the Bluetooth speaker. Malik had just walked out and he looked good in his black boxers. The steam from his shower permeated through the room and I softly inhaled the strong scent.

"You full of surprises today huh," he said as he looked at me through hooded eyes.

"Some like that but come let me give you a massage baby," I said as I strutted towards him.

I gently grabbed his hand and led him to the bed as he laid on his stomach. I straddled his back as I grabbed the oil and gently poured some on him before massaging it into his skin.

"Damn ma that shit feels good," he moaned out.

"You like it baby...anything for you," I whispered as I continued massaging his back, shoulders and neck.

I did that for a while before he turned around and I massaged his abs and chest.

"You really taking care of a nigga," he said as he looked into my eyes.

"Yes baby I am... you been under a lot of stress these last couple of days so I wanted to do this to help you feel better," I said.