Chapter 14

Melanie

I woke up the next morning on cloud 9. I turned my head and noticed that Ghost wasn't laying next to me. I smiled as I thought about the night we had. Never would I have thought we would take it there but I was happy we did. I felt safe and whole with him and it felt like we fit together. I had been with two other guys before him and he was the best I ever had.

I slowly made my way off my bed and into my bathroom. My legs felt sore and I was having trouble keeping my balance. I looked in the mirror as flashbacks flooded my mind. A small smile spread on my face as I tied my braids into a ponytail.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in my white cropped oversized sweatshirt and black spandex shorts. I placed a pair of long socks on my feet before walking down the stairs.

I didn't see any signs of Ghost and I was kind of disappointed. I made myself a small breakfast before making my way to the living room to watch some tv.

I tried texting and calling his phone but he didn't answer me and it had me worried. I really hoped he wasn't avoiding me because we were both adults and we both decided to go there. I had no regrets and I really hoped he didn't either.

I texted Amber and Risse to see what they were doing since I really didn't want to be in the house by myself. They both responded and said they were about to go eat and shop and they could come and scoop me up. I replied that I was down before going up to get ready.

I decided to wear my light grey casual bodysuit with my distressed denim jacket. I paired it with my white Nike huraches. I tied my braids into a high bun and put on my hoop earrings. I did a quick wing liner and lip gloss look before heading outside.

"Okay thickums," said Amber as I climbed into the backseat.

"You see me girl," I said as I did a mini twerk in the backseat.

She laughed as we high fived eachother. Who would of thought in five months these girls would become like family to me. We were close and they had my back like I had there's and I loved it. I still missed Coco and I knew if she was here she would love them too.

We listened to Da Baby as we made our way to Aunty J's Soulfood Restaurant. We were seated and after ordering our food we started a conversation.

"So are we going to address the change in Summer," asked Risse as she took a sip of her peach lemonade.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Girl you're glowing and don't think I don't notice you are walking with a limp so who is it?" said Risse. Amber snickered as she took a sip of her sweet tea waiting for me to respond.

I couldn't even hide the smile that spread on my face as I thought back to last night.

"Okay fine and I'm only telling y'all this because we are close but you can't tell nobody else. Ghost and I fucked last night," I said.

I watched as Risse reached in her purse and pulled out two $20 bills and handed it to Amber. She did a little happy dance and I looked between them confused.

"Y'all betted on me," I said confused.

"It was bound to happen and Risse here didn't believe me when I told her that y'all liked eachother. I could peep that y'all was going to take it there but she claimed she couldn't see it so we made a bet. Now thanks to you I'm forty dollars richer," said Amber while she fanned herself with the money.

I laughed I couldn't even be upset because I probably would of done the same thing.

"Why didn't you think it was possible Risse?" I asked cause I was curious.