Chapter 29

Ghost

I looked at Dutchess trying to figure out how I could tell her the truth without spilling everything. I took a deep breathe before taking her hand and guiding her to the couch.

"Baby please speak to me...what is going on?" She rubbed my back as I looked in my lap.

I took a deep breathe before grabbing her hands and looking at her.

"I was originally hired to kill you and Nasir. I accepted the deal because I needed to get close to the person so they could trust me. I never planned on killing y'all and I was hired by someone else to protect both of you. Nasir knew that the north side folks were after y'all, and he wanted to make sure that if he was very killed you would be protected. I took on that role but I never planned on falling in love with you. Now someone has tipped them back in Atlanta that you are here and we have to go back tomorrow. If we don't they will kill us," I told her. I kept some things out, but for the most part it was the truth.

She slowly removed her hands from mine as tears ran down her cheek.

"You spent all that time around my brother and I and you were planning to kill us..... YOU KNEW THEY WERE PLANNING TO KILL US AND YOU SAID NOTHING. THEY TOOK MY BROTHER FROM ME AND YOU KNEW ALL ALONG AND YOU SAID NOTHING." She screamed as she hit me.

"Man chill out.... I needed the person to trust me. I was never going to kill you. I was the only one willing to spare your life that night. My people didn't kill Nasir. If I wanted to kill you I would of done it. I needed you to be safe and I knew they would never find you here but they did. I'm stressed out because I don't know how to protect you and now I'm taking you back to dangerous territory. I love you and I would never hurt you and you know that," I said.

She looked at me while she processed what I said before she leaned on my shoulder and cried.

"They killed my brother and took the only thing I had left away from me. I'm sorry for questioning your loyalty and I know you wouldn't harm me. I believe you and  this has Nasir written all over it. But I want blood and revenge so what is the plan moving on from here," she asked.

"We have to go back and face them but we have to be strategic. I don't want anything to happen to the both of us so you need to listen to my plan and follow it," I said.

"Okay babe I'm listening," she said.

"Good. My uncle has a friend that use to work for the CIA and he specializes in making protective spy clothes. My uncle was able to get him to make us some clothes so that we can be able to face them and not get hurt. He also made a special customized wig for you that's bullet proof. When we face them we won't be harmed and the clothes will protect us in case they open fire," I said.

"Okay but can I ask you why you kept this all from me?"

"Because if I told you in the beginning that the north side niggas killed Nasir you would of went back to Atlanta and got killed," he said.

"Okay I can see where you are coming from but I need you to finish telling me the plan,

I continued with the plan and she nodded and agreed. Afterwards we showered and got some much needed rest. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day.