girl crush [ twenty three ]

sliding an ipad towards both donghyuk and i, mr yang stared at us cautiously before speaking.

"can you answer my questions properly and honestly?" said mr yang, making us both nod. why would we even lie to mr yang, anyway?

fiddling with my fingers since i was so nervous about what might happen with this sudden talk with the ceo, i can also feel donghyuk being nervous about this. after all, we were just surprised, and we didn't even have any clue what this talk is gonna be about.

"read the article," said mr yang, so i looked at donghyuk. he nodded at me, so i took the ipad as we both read together.

ikon dk and azes sooji are dating? here are the proofs we collected, and why you should ship them!
by: koreaboo

fans of ikon and azes have been gathering attention from fellow kpop fans because of their crazy eagle eyes about these two idols, ikon's donghyuk and azes's sooji. at first, we were surprised because first of all, astro's eunwoo and azes's sooji seemed like they would be a good couple, but thinking about it all, she is a better match with her labelmate, kim donghyuk!

why fans think that these two are dating? here are the reasons.
1. we saw dk carrying a face towel, and he accidentally let us peek at what was hidden on the corner— csj. english letters, but the initials of his labelmate and possible girlfriend.
2. we saw how sooji was looking at dk backstage before their performance, the same performance where she collapsed.
3. THEY ARE ORIGINALLY PARTNERS IN THE IKON X AZES COLLAB, until he had to go solo on their parts because of her health issues. on their last stage together, we saw how they both stared at each other with such intensity that we almost believe it wasn't only for performance.
4. let's not forget about this! when sooji collapsed, it was donghyuk who first went to her aid. worry was plastered across his face as he carried her towards the ambulance, despite the security and staff trying to volunteer on doing it. such a caring boyfriend!
5. DONGHYUK LITERALLY GAVE IT AWAY WHEN HE THANKED SOOJI IN HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH WHEN THEY WON THE BEST COLLAB. no one talked about sooji as much as donghyuk did! AND. WE. NEED. MORE.

so, do you think these two are dating, or just plain old friends like how she is with quite a lot of idols? comment down below! do you ship them? the comment section needs you!

i was taken aback at what we just read. how the hell did the fans patch those up together? how did they think we were dating when we actually aren't? but most specifically, how were their eyes so sharp?

both donghyuk and i were snapped back to reality when mr yang cleared his throat to take out attention.

"answer my questions. are you both ready?" asked mr yang, and i looked at donghyuk to see his eyes sharply focused on mr yang. i looked at the ceo, before nodding.

"yes," both donghyuk and i answered, making the ceo nod.

"first of all, did these events actually happen? these... proofs that fans have been talking about?" asked ceo, amd we both nodded.

"yes, sajangnim. they did happen," said donghyuk. ceo looked at me. so i nodded as an agreement to what donghyuk said.

"do you like hanging out with each other?" asked the ceo, making me feel slightly uneasy, but i nodded. any moment with donghyuk is actually great with me. i do like hanging out with him.

"yes, ceo," said donghyuk, making me blush once again. why the hell am i turning into a sissy? this isn't me.

"are you two dating?" asked ceo, making me widen my eyes before shaking my head.

"no, ceo, we aren't," i answered, continuously shaking my head. "we still have a dating ban, and i am obeying that rule, sajangnim."

ceo nodded slowly, his eyes having different emotions than before. why did he, all of a sudden, look... interested?

"donghyuk?" asked ceo, making me look at donghyuk as well. donghyuk was looking down, as he shook his head no.

"no, ceo. we aren't dating," he muttered, making me slightly furrow my brows. why was he looking down.

"but... are you interested in each other? would you date each other if given a chance?" asked ceo yang, making me widen my eyes. my cheeks heated up at the sudden question, and flashes of when i slept at their dorm flashed back in my mind.

before i could even answer, donghyuk was first to answer.

"i'm not gonna lie, i do like sooji, sajangnim. and i would like to date her, if i had the chance." said donghyuk, looking up at the ceo.

i didn't know why, but my heart fluttered as he said that. why does it feel this way? why? why does donghyuk feel that way... to someone like me? is he even for real?

i suddenly remembered all the times he was so boyfriend material, especially that time at their dorm. I couldn't help but melt as i remembered those moments.

i was snapped back to reality when ceo yang called my name.

"sooji, the question?" asked ceo, making me blink rapidly and answer.

"i... i do find donghyuk oppa interesting. and about dating him, i do think the way he acts is my ideal boyfriend. but we do have a dating ban—"

"i'm lifting your dating ban, sooji. because you and donghyuk have so many things in common and the public is so welcoming to the theory of the both of you dating. because of the both of you, staff members also informed me how much the sales went up ever since the theories started circulating. this dating speculation has a good effect to the company," said ceo yang, making me drop my jaw. donghyuk and i looked at each other with shocked and flustered faces, making ceo smile at us.

"what do you mean, sajangnim?" asked donghyuk, making me nod, too.

"i'm saying here, we're gonna make people believe that you two have been dating for six months already. we're gonna make people believe that you two are in a relationship, and since you two have no problem with dating each other, i think that i don't need to ask your opinion about this. i will release a statement soon. from now on, you will act like lovers around everyone else. your fake story is here," said ceo, making my hands tremble, as he slid a piece of paper towards us.

you two started dating six months ago. it started when you two started stealing glances from each other a while back. then one night when all of your members were away, you two were left practicing until you found each other and properly met the other. you then started secretly seeing each other after admitting feelings behind your members' backs.

"y-you sure are a great author, sajang... sajangnim," i suddenly said, making donghyuk chuckle beside me, and ceo to smile.

"thank you. so, you two are in this, right? if you are, meeting dismissed. you can act, starting now. i will be working on the statement now."

okay. what the hell just happened?