girl crush [ fourteen ]

bobby and i were eating hotdog sandwiches outside the yg building when he suddenly spoke up. i feel like to be honest, my life is turning into a mess ever since this new era we are preparing for. i really feel like my life is turning into so,ething like the succulent i am holding right now. spiky.

"hyojong? e'dawn?" asked bobby, and i nodded.

"yeah, he happens to be my cousin and i love the way he raps. just like you and hanbin, to be honest," i said, and he nodded this time.

"when are you planning on contacting him?" he asked, and i grinned.

"actually we're outside because we are actually waiting for him," i admitted, and he shook his head as he chuckled.

"I don't even have a clue why ceo wanted me to look after you. wait, i think i do, but i'm not telling you," he said, and i grimaced. so that's how it is.

we both stopped when hyojong oppa himself appeared in front of us. when he saw me, he immediately engulfed me in a hug and squealed like a kid. yeah, that was how he could be with me. bobby was just there, awkwardly standing like he was a shy little boy.

"you've grown-"

"oppa, we met, like, two days ago or something? i don't remember. and this is your precious baby," i said, handing him the little pot of succulent that i was holding earlier. his eyes lit up, and then grinned at me as he took it.

"oh, gomawo. anyway, he your boyfriend, or...?" said hyojong, and i gaped at him and scoffed. bobby didn't even help, he was laughing his head off.

"aigoo, you always think every guy is my boyfriend, what the hell is wrong with you? aish," i said, and i was met with his giggle.

"aniyo, uhm, i'm bobby, from ikon. it's nice to meet you, e'dawn-ssi," said bobby, bowing. hyojong introduced himself and then bowed to him too.

bobby led us inside and then went straight to the studio, because apparently, he wants to do it right here and right now. like, finishing it in one go. he said, we could just do a short song, and to be honest i was just fine about that. i like shorter songs, anyway.

while both guys were discussing, i was just writing some lyrics and also trying to make compositions on the piano by the side. they were talking about producing and their careers, so i guess i just had to do it while they are doing something else.

i did some keys on the piano, trying to mix something up and i was satisfied when i could do some. repeating the routine, i grinned as i already mastered it. i was hoping for a bop rap song, with piano music and other experimental beats.

after probably an hour, i was done with the beats and the piano, just thinking about what lyrics i should be able to express or write about. i then turned my head towards the boys who were still discussing, and called to hyojong oppa.

"oppa, what do you think should we write about?" i asked, and he had a surprised face on.

"mwo? i thought since you were doing the beats and the music, i could write the song. i already wrote it, see?" he said, showing me a scratch about a song.

my smile went wider as i saw the masterpiece he wrote. i red the lyrics, grinning as i processed that it fit the music i did earlier. it was a song called wakey, about someone trying to wake someone up to the fact that he or she loves them.

"that's great," i said, and he grinned.

"so, are you guys, already gonna record it, or shall we put this on for tomorrow because it's already 6 pm and i have a different schedule?" said bobby, and both hyojong and i turned to him.

"oh. i'm sorry," i said, "we can comtinue this tomorrow. right, hyojong oppa?i still have to meet other people too," i said, and hyojong oppa nodded.

"yeah, definitely. just give me a call and we can probably do it again tomorrow," said hyojong, and i nodded. bobby also nodded, exchanging pats with hyojong which surprised me. they did become closer in an hour, aye?

once hyojong left the studio, both bobby and i turned to each other, smiling. I didn't know why,maybe it was because today was so good to be true and it was a success.

i then gathered all my things, all my papers and music sheets, and bobby did the same. i didn't know what he did with some music sheets, but i guess it has something to do with ikon or whatever. but i had a vibe he wrote it for individual use or something.

once he led me out of the studio, he ruffled my hair, and then said his farewell.

"annyeong," he said, and i waved back at him and bowed.

turning around, i saw lisa, so i grinned and hugged her. i wasn't even having a little rest yet when she dragged me back to the studio to work with our collaboration together.

she closed the door behind us and we sat next to each other, near the mixer. she then sighed, after taking something out of her pocket. she shoved it slightly to me, and seeing that it was already wrinkled, i guess that she wrote this earlier in the day or even yesterday. i looked at what it was, and it was rap lyrics.

"okay, so, that was something i was thinking about last night. like, i couldn't even sleep so i wrote rap lyrics and i was asking you if this could be my rap part in our song or something," she said, and i grinned at her.

i red the lyrics and it said something about how women are great too, and we don't need men to cheer us up because we are fun ourselves. i grinned and nodded.

"eomeo, unnie, this is great, this can be a hit, after we finish the whole song. let me just write my part and we can think of the chorus," i said, and she grinned as she nodded.

i then pulled some scratch papers from under the table, and took out my pen. so she wanted a song about how great women can be and about feminism. i like this.

i then started thinking, as lisa went out for a bit to get some food. tapping the pen against the table, an idea popped into my mind.

put your lips on me
don't mess it up
we're not the type to flee
so burn it up

i wrote the lyrics down, and grinned. in the end, i ended up writing about how even if boys break up with us, we can still be great and how they shouldn't mess girls up because we're greater than guys think we are.

the door finally opened, revealing lisa with two slices of pizza. she gave one to me so i grinned and thanked after before accepting it. she then scanned the lyrics, smiling as she was doing so.

"this is gonna be so lit," she grinned.

lisa and i ended at 8:30 because we also experimented a bit with the mix and the beats. but to be honest, i think we should also ask help for hanbin for some help. or even teddy. i don't know. all i know is that i still have to go somewhere now.

it was getting late, but yeah, i still have schedule. it wasn't friday yet, anyway.