𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

| 𝒜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝒢𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑅𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 |

"Doyoung, are you there at the park now?" Taeil asked as he calls Doyoung through the phone, anxiously waiting for a response.

"I'm almost there, why?"

"I'm sorry, I can't make it. I had a painful stomachache this morning."

"That's fine," Doyoung reassured Taeil. "At least the others will be he-" Doyoung cut off his sentence the moment he arrived at the park.

Taeil knew immediately why Doyoung stopped talking so he does a fake cough, hoping it's enough to convince him. "Sorry, I'll talk to you later," and with that, Taeil ended the call, not bothering to wait for Doyoung's reply.

Doyoung didn't say anything and instead he just puts his phone back into his pocket. There was only one person standing near the fountain and Doyoung hopes that he's not actually part of the hangout.

The person turns around and Doyoung freezes immediately. "Doyoung?" The look on their face was the same as Doyoung's, mouth slightly agape and eyes wide like Doyoung's.

"Holy shit, don't tell me-" Doyoung stepped back, still shocked. "Taeyong, we got tricked didn't we?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we got tricked," Taeyong sighed.

The situation was awkward and they weren't sure what to do. It'd be a waste for them to cancel, especially since they tried their best to make the hangout fit into their schedule. So, they sat three inches away from each other on the bench, thinking to themselves.

They take about a few minutes to calm themselves and as they did, they also realized that their friends did this hangout on purpose. They're sure that Taeil, Ten, Yukhei or anyone won't be coming to the park. 

"I didn't think Taeil was going to be involved in this," Doyoung said with a disappointed tone.

"I guess Ten managed to drag him in it," Taeyong replied. The two of them were quiet for a while until Taeyong stands up from the bench. "Well, it'd be a waste if we just went home. We can hang out, if you want."

Taeyong waits for Doyoung patiently and Doyoung wasn't sure. He thought about it and knowing that he has nothing to do, he stands up from the bench. "Alright, let's go around the place."

Doyoung would be lying if he said he didn't miss Taeyong. Besides, thinking about it, this is a chance for them to make up. Whether they end up as friends again or acquaintances, Doyoung's glad for the opportunity.

He and Taeyong then proceeded to walk around the park, hoping to at least shake off the awkward atmosphere. It's been a long time since they hung out together and when they caught sight of an ice cream truck, Taeyong offered to buy ice cream for Doyoung.

The two head to the ice cream truck and ordered ice cream for themselves. Doyoung could feel himself feel a bit more comfortable with Taeyong's company and he hopes Taeyong feels the same. They continue walking around again, looking at kids playing in the playground and little shows being performed.