ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅɪᴇᴅ

⚠️TW BEFORE READING⚠️

This chapter contains mentions of sc/rs induced by self h@rm, if that makes you uncomfortable or upset in any way shape or form, feel free to skip this chapter. 

——𑁍——
Zak's POV

The two boys showed up at the mall finally!...but sat in the parking lot for a second.

Zak sighed and Darryl seemed to notice.

"You sure you're alright Zak?" He said with a worried look.

Zak looked up at him, "Yeah, I'm okay..Let's go have fun c'mon..!"

Zak unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car.

Darryl gave a worrisome smile and did the same.

——𑁍——

Zak and Darryl were supposed to meet up with Big Q, Tommy, Wilbur, and Alex. The pair made their way into the food court to meet up with the group.

Zak couldn't help but still feel upset. Was he going to be that quick to find, a new 'Skeppy' basically?

They were just gonna do this while he was 'gone'?

Zak looked at his sleeves and frowned.

He glanced up at Darryl and then looked down again until Darryl came to a sudden stop.

Darryl grabbed Zak's wrist and pulled him forwards towards where he assumed Darryl saw the other guys.

But his wrists were in so much pain.

But how was Darryl supposed to know?

Zak winced a little once they reached the other guys.

The only person that Zak could've swore who noticed was Alex.

Zak's eyes glanced at him for a second, and sure enough, Alex was looking right back at him with a confused look. It's as if his face was asking,

'Why did you wince?'

Zak just looked away quickly and said his hello's to everyone.

——𑁍——

It was a little while after the boys had fun chatting and going to a bunch of stores. The others didn't really seem to notice that Zak was oddly quiet, which was unusual for him.

Can all of his best friends just forget him like that?

Zak stood up, "I'll be right back guys.."

The boys nodded and waved as Zak slowly walked away towards the bathroom.

Once Zak got into the restroom he locked himself into a stall and began to cry.

He just cried into his hands.

Nothing was going to change.

Zak sniffled.

He just wanted to go home.

He felt as if all of his friends had just forgotten about him.

Did they care?

Oh no. Not this again. Zak hated this feeling.

He sniffled and wiped his tears a bit with his sleeve.

He sighed and rolled up his sleeves. His fingers just slowly traced over the scars.

One thing was for sure.

Darryl and the others could never find out.

——𑁍——

Zak took a deep breath after calming down a bit and walked out of the stall.

He looked to his left and saw Alex (Techno) there, he jumped a bit.

How long has he been there?! Zak thought to himself.

"Hey Zak...you alright man..? You've been very off, today.. are you okay?"

Zak faked a smile, "Um, yeah! Of course! I just haven't been feeling too well lately, I think I'm getting sick."

Alex frowned.

"Look Zak, as your friend, I'm worried for you. Do you wanna tell me why you winced earlier..? It's just not like you.."

Now it was Zak's turn to frown.

Alex sighed and walked over to Zak.

"Zak..I hope your not doing what I think your doing.."

Zak started to worry.

"W-what do you mean..?"

"Zak. Have you been hurting yourself?"

Zak froze.

——𑁍——
TBC...

Bye muffins!༄♡

chapter title- the flower that died