ᴀ sᴜʙᴛʟᴇ ʜᴜɢ

~Zak's POV~

Zak woke up snuggled up next to Darryl. He felt a small blush slowly creep up onto his face. He could hear soft little snores coming from the taller next to him. He was just adorable. Zak chuckled softly and smiled at the sight of him. He yawned and stretched a bit before he stood up.

Zak then walked back to his room and grabbed his phone. He looked at the date.

[February 14, 2020]

He rolled his eyes. Valentine's day was a dumb holiday in his opinion. I mean, the people that actually have that special someone can only really celebrate it. For the people that are single, It's basically a way of saying, "aha, you're going to be single and alone forever, and today, we made a holiday so you can feel worse!"

Zak sighed and sat on his bed. He unlocked his phone and scrolled through twitter for a bit. He saw a lot of stuff on his tl about Valentine's day etc. Some of his fans were even tweeting at him and asking him to be their Valentine. Zak would just giggle at those tweets and like them.

He decided after about 20 minutes of doing absolutely nothing, he would finally do something productive. Zak had something in mind, he was probably not going to succeed in doing this task, but he wanted to give it a try.

cooking.

No, Zak could not cook. But there's no harm in trying right?

Zak stood up and set his phone down on his nightstand. He then went downstairs and into the kitchen. He was going to try and make some bacon and eggs, along with some toast and coffee. Normally, Darryl was the chef in the house. He would always cook the two of them breakfast, and dinner. Not so much lunch though because Zak would simply make a peanut butter sandwich.

He grabbed some eggs and bacon from the fridge, and also got out the bread and two pans. He set the two pans each on separate burners and then turned on the stove. Zak smiled to himself. So far everything was going okay! He walked over to the cabinet and grabbed cooking spray. Zak sprayed the two pans with a little bit of that before walking over to the bacon and the eggs. He carried the ornaments over carefully making sure not to drop them.

He cracked 4 eggs and decided he would make them sunny side up. He was careful and made sure not to get any of the shells into the pan whilst he cracked them. He grabbed a few strips of bacon as the eggs started to sizzle from the pan next to him. He gently laid the bacon strips onto the pan and let them start to sizzle as well. The house started to slowly smell like bacon and eggs. He figured the smell would probably wake Darryl up soon.

Zak walked over to the toaster and propped four pieces of toast in it. Every now and then he would check up on the eggs and the bacon and make sure to flip the bacon etc.

He was almost finished but stopped for a moment when he heard a door from upstairs slowly creek open, along with some light footsteps. Zak got the last two pieces of toast from the toaster out and set them on his plate. He then walked over to grab the bacon and the eggs and distributed them evenly between the two. He then walked over to the table where he had everything very nicely set up. He set the two plates down on the placemats and walked back to the kitchen. He turned off the stove and put the pans in the sink and grabbed some silverware to put out on the table.

As Zak sat down at the table, he saw Darryl walking down the last few steps on the stairs smiling at him.

"Good Morning Zak! Happy Valentine's day!"

"Good morning Darryl, yes happy Valentine's day!"

Darryl sat down across from him where his plate was.

"You made breakfast?" Darryl questioned as he started to eat.

"I did! I thought I would give it a try this morning and turns out, it went better than I honestly expected it to." Zak giggled at the end of his sentence.

"The foods great!"

"Thanks!"

The two smiled at each other before eating their meals.

Once the two of them finished they both put their dishes in the sink. Darryl has already said he would do the dishes today since Zak made breakfast for the two of them.

Zak then told Darryl he was going to go upstairs and hang out in his room for a bit.

- - - -

Zak was back where he started, scrolling through twitter and looking at the random tweets and dms he would receive. Some of them made him chuckle a bit. But Zak came to a stop once he saw, [New Tweet From BadBoyHalo], and right after that, [BadBoyHalo mentioned you in a tweet]

Zak was quite curious and clicked on the notification. He was a bit worried once he saw it was a paragraph, but continued to read,

- - -

Badboyhalo [@Saintsofgames]

No, I don't have a Valentine, But I have a very good friend who has made an impact on my life. That friend is @Skeppy. I truly cannot thank him enough. He's been there for me through everything and He deserves so much. Happy Valentines Day Zak and Happy Valentines Day to all you muffins! <3 I love you, Zak!

(Also thank you for the breakfast it was very good! :D )

- - -

Zak felt a smile slowly appear on his face. He liked the tweet and replied with,

- - -

Skeppy [@Skeppy]

I love you too bad, Happy Valentines Day!

Also, I'm happy you enjoyed the food!

<3

- - -

His notifs soon started to blow up so he set his phone down for now. He smiled and got up. Zak walked over to Darryl's room and knocked. He could hear a faint, "come in!" from the other side. Zak walked in and smiled at Darryl. Darryl did the same. Zak walked over to him and hugged him. He felt tears brim the corners of his eyes.

Not sad tears, no.

But tears of joy.

He could feel Darryl's arms wrap around him as well and hugged him back. The two just stood there, hugging each other, and embracing each other's company.

"Thank you, Darryl...For everything" Zak whispered, but just loud enough so that Darryl could here it.

"You're welcome.." Darryl replied.

- - - - -

And that.

WOwZa

that was literally 1095 words omg.

well this was the Valentines day special, I know, it's late and it's not valentines day anymore, but I couldn't update then xP

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

And I've also noticed some of ya can't see the chapter titles for some reason so I'm going to start putting the names of them at the bottom for you guys so you can see what they are :)

This one was called, A subtle Hug

Anyways, Thank you guys so much for 18k holy crap. Honestly, my book is so cringe idk how people still read it lmaO

But thank you <3

- - - - -