ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴜs

——𑁍——
Zak's POV

Zak was woken up the next morning by Tommy.

"Skeppyyy..Skepppyy! MR. BLUE DIAMOND MAN! What was his name again..? oh right. ZAKKKKKKKKK!"

"aH!" Zak woke up quite abruptly..thanks to a little someone...

"Skeppy! Skeppy!!! C'mon, help us pack! We're leaving tomorrow!"

Zak sighed and got out of bed, "Okay okay, I will. Just let me get dressed real quick alright?"

Tommy nodded his head quickly and ran out of the room.

That insane child. A menace.

Zak walked over to his door and was about to close it, until a foot stopped his door from closing.

Zak looked up to see Darryl there.

"Door open please,"

Huh?!

"What?"

"Zak, look. After what happened yesterday, I just, I don't have enough trust in you. I want to be able to, but I'm just to scared something will happen again, so, Just keep it open for now, please."

Zak sighed.

"But I need to...change.."

Darryl became a little flustered.

"Fine. After that you open your door, and, I'm sorry Zak..but these are how things have to be..it's just for your safety.." he said then walked out.

Zak stood there for a minute.

Is this how it's gonna be now? I mean, I get it, but..

Zak sighed before closing his door and then walking over to his closet to get some clothes.

——𑁍——
Time skip!

Zak and Darryl were helping everyone pack their things. Zak had just helped Tommy finish packing his last suitcase. Tommy zipped it up, and sighed feeling satisfied with himself.

Zak then sighed and spoke up, "I'm gonna miss you guys.." He said with a frown.

Everyone looked over at Zak.

"We're gonna miss you too Zak," Alex (Techno) said with a gentle smile.

Zak started tearing up a bit and ran to give them all a hug, but they weren't separate hugs, it was one big group hug.

Alex (Big Q!) started, "We'll all try to come and visit again soon though!"

Zak smiled and nodded, "Please do."

————
The next morning..

Darryl woke Zak up and told him they had to go to the airport and drop off all of their friends, and then proceeded to wake everyone else up too to let them know they were leaving.

Zak walked down the stairs and grabbed some milk and a Poptart once he was dressed.

Soon after that it was time for them to head out to the airport.

Once they arrived at the airport they said their goodbyes to all of their friends, and then headed home.

The car ride was pretty quiet, aside from Tommy snoring every now and again..

——𑁍——
Time skip

The two finally arrived home. Zak rushed up to his room when he got back.

He ran over to his bed and flopped down on his stomach.

He was starting to realize, now that all of his other friends were gone, it would just be him and Darryl again. And to make matters worse, things were going to be more strict. Zak shouldn't have ever let the secret out.

He frowned and unmade his bed so he could get under the covers.

Zak did think it was kinda weird how his bedroom door was going to always be open now unless he was changing or something.

Zak was starting to drift off to sleep slowly, but suddenly woke up when he felt two arms wrap around his back.

It was Darryl.

What is he doing?!

"Hey Zak...I..just please talk to me when you're ready..."

Zak turned around and faced Darryl, his face a little red from Darryl suddenly hugging him from behind.

"U-um..." Zak couldn't think straight.

If he was being honest...

He wanted to hug Darryl again..

Zak began turning more red by the second.

"Zak? Are you okay? Oh god I think you really do have a fever!"

"No no I'm fine! I just..."

"Mhmm..? You alright Zak?"

Zak just hugged him, it came as a surprise to Darryl.

"C-could you stay here for a while..?"

——𑁍——
TBC..

Chapter Title- Just us