ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

⚠️TW BEFORE READING⚠️

This chapter contains mentions of scars induced by self h@rm, if that makes you uncomfortable or upset in any way shape or form, feel free to skip this chapter.

——𑁍——
Zak's POV-

The entire car ride home was silent. No one dared to speak. Zak was in the front seat peering out the window. A few tears fell from his eyes here and there, but they weren't really noticeable.

Darryl was driving. He told them before they left he wanted to drive. Plus, he needed something, anything, to keep him from thinking about how his best friend did something so horrible to himself because he was in pain, he truly couldn't help but feel guilty.

Tommy, Wilbur, Alex, and Alex (Techno) were all sitting in the backseats. Everyone else was just as in shock. They didn't even have any words so they all just sat in silence.

——𑁍——
Earlier...

Everyone's eyes widened.

We're they really hearing this correctly? There's no way right? Zak? Out of everyone..?

Darryl had the biggest look of confusion and what seemed like anger, and a sort of guilt, plastered on his face. His face was almost indescribable. His eyes had tears in the corners of them. He grabbed Zak by his shoulders and pulled him in for another hug.

"Zak." He stated simply with a shaky voice.

"Yes..?" Zak felt his heart sink, he was nervous.

"Let me see, please."

Zak pulled away from the hug and rolled up his sleeves. Darryl's eyes were instantly blurred from all of his tears being held in.

He felt like this was his fault.

Zak frowned and turned his head opposite everyone. He felt like this was something to be ashamed of, although it's not.

Darryl let out a small whine, and then he began to cry. Zak turned to look back and to his surprise, it wasn't just Darryl and Alex (Techno) that were crying, it was everyone else as well.

Darryl grabbed Zak and pulled him in, for once again, another hug.

Darryl whispered to Zak, "don't you EVER do this again, please..I can't lose you.."

The other boys joined Zak and Darryl for the group hug.

Then that's when they all decided to go home. Darryl wanted to drive, so he did. The boys got in the back seat and were silent, still rethinking the fact that they could've lost their best friend right then and there during what they thought was a break, and they wouldn't even have known.

——𑁍——
Present

Once the boys arrived at Darryl and Zak's home, everyone sat in the living room with Darryl while Zak walked upstairs to his room.

He shut his door behind him and locked it.

Zak then collapsed on his bed and let out all of his emotions into his pillows.

It felt as if everything had changed for him now that the secret was out. Would everyone still look at him the same? Would they hate him now that they know?

——𑁍——
TBC...

Ty all so so so so much for 1.92k reads, ily all so so so SO much!

Bye muffins!༄♡

chapter title- promise