ʀᴇᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

~Zak's POV~

Zak sat alone in his room in pure silence. Darryl sat alone in his room as well. The two had separated from each other for now. Darryl earlier had helped Zak in the bathroom, but Zak claimed he needed his space. At first, Darryl wasn't willing to comply, but Zak promised to keep his door open and he told him he wouldn't do anything.

Zak was sitting on his bed scrolling through twitter. He had liked a few people's fanart and such, he had stopped what he was doing though once he heard a knock on his door, although it was open a bit.

It was Darryl.

"Hey, Zak..?" Darryl's head had peaked through the door, "We need to talk.."

Oh, This can't be good.

"Sure...come in.."

Darryl came in his room and sat across from him on his bed.

"Zak, what's going on..?" Darryl's dark green eyes looked directly at Zak's brown eyes.

"What do you mean..?"

Darryl frowned and looked away from him.

"I mean..you completely broke down when you got back from your walk, and you've just generally seemed upset lately...why?"

Zak stayed silent.

Was now the moment to confess? Was now the moment to finally tell him those three words. Those three words that could change everything for him.

"Darryl." Zak simply stated.

"Yes Zak..?"

.....

"I love you."

Darryl looked up at Zak.

"What..?"

"I love you Darryl, I love you so much. You. You were the man I was talking about earlier. You were the one that has been there from the start. You were the one who has shown me so much support, You've helped me grow as a person, you've changed me for the better. I didn't even realize until I moved in with you, that I liked you.."

"Zak."

Zak looked at him.

"y-yeah?"

"I'm not gay, first of all, and even if I was, I would never like you."

"w-what..?"

Zak's blushing expression changed quickly into a frown.

"W-what do you mean..?"

Darryl sighed, "Get out of my sight Zak."

Tears started to form in the corners of his eyes. He stood up slowly, wobbled a bit, and walked out of the room. He turned around one last time to see Darryl giving him a dirty look before everything turned black.

- - - - -

Zak woke up crying, tears streaming down his face. He was hyperventilating. It took him a minute to realize that someone had a hold of him. He looked to his left and saw Darryl. He teared up at the sight of his face.

Was I just dreaming?

Zak took a few deep breaths in and out and managed to calm down. It's okay..it was just a dream, Well, it was more of a nightmare then a dream..

Zak was still in Darryl's arms. He laid back down and looked at Darryl sleeping peacefully next to him. He smiled. The words that Darryl said to him in his "dream" still hurt. Even though, yes, he didn't actually say any of that, it still hurt and really didn't help his situation.

Zak wrapped his arms around Darryl and snuggled into him. He felt Darryl shuffle and groan after he did that.

oops.

"ngg..."

Zak quickly closed his eyes and pretended he was asleep, his arms still around Darryl.

Zak heard a shuffle, "hmm...Zak?"

Zak continued to pretend he was asleep. He could feel Darryl's eyes staring at him. He felt a hand caress just underneath his eyes.

"I had a feeling you were crying you muffin.." Darryl mumbled.

So he either saw my tears..or..he just knew somehow..

Zak squeezed Darryl tighter. He could've sworn he heard a small giggle come from Darryl before he laid down once again.

"Goodnight muffin..sleep well Zak.."

Zak felt his face heat up a bit before eventually falling asleep.

-*-*-

Yes, yes ik i need to make these longer, but i've been having a serious case offfffff...

writers block :c

f in chat bois

anyways I hope you still enjoyed this :)

mkay, byeeee!💕

Chapter Title- Rejection