sɴᴜɢɢʟᴇ

~Darryl's POV~

The two arrived home at about 5:00 PM. The car ride home was pretty quiet, other than the small talk the boys would have every now and then. Darryl had planned on making something small for dinner, the two of them weren't that hungry.

Darryl walked upstairs shortly after Zak did. When he walked by Zak's door he thought he heard some sort of squeal coming from inside his room but ignored it.

He's probably just recording.

Darryl set his phone down on his bed and walked over to his closet. He searched for a comfy hoodie to just relax in. His eyes glanced over to the skeppy hoodie. He smiled as he took it off its hanger and put it on. He remembered the day he got it, he was so happy when it came. Darryl glanced at the signature. He smiled once again.

Darryl walked downstairs smiling. He went into the kitchen and sighed. He didn't really feel like cooking tonight. He walked back upstairs and knocked on Zak's door. There was a lot of shuffling before he answered the door.

"OH HI DARRYL." Zak practically shouted in his face.

"Uh, hi Zak. So I don't really feel like cooking tonight so can we just door dash some McDonald's or something?" Darryl asked, a bit confused as to why Zak was shouting.

"MHMM OKAYYY JUST GET ME SOME NUGGETS OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW OKAY THANK YOU!" Zak shut his door in my face.

What was that about? Is he alright?

Darryl shrugged his shoulders then went to go order the door dash.

- - -
~Zak's POV~

Zak sat on his bed, his face bright red. He couldn't stop thinking back to earlier at the ice cream shop. The way Darryl smiled at him, and then called him adorable...

Zak then melted once again and squealed into his pillow. He was so in love with this man it was unreal.

"ZAK YOU AREEEE! THAT'S ADORABLEEE!"

Zak smiled to himself.

He sighed and stood up. He went downstairs into the living room and turned on the tv. Zak was planning on just watching some Netflix until the food got there. Zak was scrolling through the movies to see if there were any good ones. He stopped at the horror section and found one that looked scary enough. The only issue was Zak was terrible with horror movies. Whenever there would be a jumpscare or a moment where someone died, he couldn't help but look away and shriek. Zak's mind wandered for a second.

I could always just ask Darryl to join me...

No, he's probably busy.

But...

Zak sighed before he yelled, "DARRYLLLLLLLL.."

He heard a muffled 'coming!' followed by the sound of a door opening and footsteps coming downstairs.

"You called?" he asked briefly.

"I um..I'm about to watch a s-scary movie and uhm you see.."

Darryl's face changed into a smile, "You get scared or something? If so, sure, I wouldn't mind watching with you."

Zak blushed a bit, "That's actually what I was going to ask you, thanks, Darryl!"

Darryl smiled but gasped just a minute after, "OOO! Wait here, Zak! I'm going to go grab some stuff!"  Darryl smiled again then ran up the stairs.

Zak giggled a bit.

A few seconds later Darryl came back downstairs with a bunch of blankets and some popcorn bags.

"Back!" He called.

Zak looked up and saw Darryl carrying a massive pile of blankets and two popcorn bags.

"I'm gonna go microwave these, here catch!" Darryl tossed the mass of blankets at Zak. All that could be heard from Zak was a muffled, 'caught them.' Darryl put a popcorn bag into the microwave and stared at it as it popped. Once it was finished, he grabbed a bowl and dumped all of the popcorn inside it. He ran back into the living room with the bowl to see Zak sitting on the couch underneath the blankets, presumably scrolling through twitter. Zak looked up at the sound of footsteps and saw Darryl with the popcorn.

"Welcome back! Come sitttt!" Zak said as he patted the seat next to him. Darryl smiled and walked over to the couch and sat down.

Zak blushed a bit, "S-Sorry for taking all of the blankets, here" Zak gave half of the blanket to Darryl and the other half he kept for himself.  Darryl placed the popcorn bowl in the middle of them and grabbed the remote.

"Ready?"

"Yep.," Zak mumbled.

- - - smol timeskip - - -

McDonald's had arrived shortly after the movie started. The two just shared some nuggets while they watched the movie. Zak already hated it. Darryl's eyes were locked onto the screen, he was so interested in it. The scene in the movie was starting to get creepier, then, before you know it there was a jumpscare. Zak yelped and latched onto Darryl's arm.

"ZAK!"

"I'M SORRY IT SCARED MEEE!" Zak yelled back.

He heard Darryl sigh.

"Can we turn this off Darryl? I don't know if I wanna watch this anymore.." Zak said looking away from him.

Darryl looked at Zak with a softer expression, "Zak. It's just a horror movie, it's not real, and hey! I'm right here if you get scared."

Zak smiled and faced the screen again, along with Darryl.

- - -
~Darryl's POV~

It was towards the end of the movie now. Darryl felt something gently lean against him and looked over to his left. It was Zak, he was sleeping peacefully against his shoulder. The two of them were both underneath the blanket. The popcorn bowl was now empty and on Zak's side. He was so busy paying attention to the movie earlier that he forgot about his current surroundings. Darryl smiled and turned off the TV.

He didn't feel like getting up and turning off the lamp since he didn't wanna wake Zak up. Plus, he was petty comfortable himself. Darryl laid down and rested Zak next to him. Darryl could feel Zak grab ahold of him and hug him. However, he didn't mind this. Darryl did the same, he could feel his face heating up a bit.

The room was dead silent, the only other noise in the room was their breathing.

Darryl focused on Zak's breathing and slowly started to drift off to sleep, giving him one more hug before he drifted off.

- - - - -
Tbc!
I hope you guys enjoyed dis chapter! I also apologize if the chapters ever seem the same or don't seem like they give a lot of emotion or detail in a sense. I've had extreme writers block lately so fun funnnn!
Am I right?
anyways
byeeee! until next chapter!

chapter title- Snuggle