Chapter 1

Betty Cooper sits in the bathroom of the home she shares with her boyfriend Jughead, his father F.P and his sister Jellybean. The very house that she grew up in until her mother sold it to Jughead's family. She looks nervously at the timer in her hand "Okay, 30 seconds and then I find out whether everything changes." She mutters to herself. Once the 30 seconds are up Betty looks at the plastic tube in her hand and sees two pink lines. "FUCK!" she shouts. Then she suddenly hears pounding on the door and Jughead's soft voice ask, "You okay, Betty?" She looks at the door in a panic. "I'll be out in a minute, Juggie." She replies. She takes a deep breath and stuffs the pregnancy test in her back pocket before opening the door.

When Betty steps out of the bathroom and almost runs headfirst into Jughead. "Sorry Jug." She apologizes. "Betts, you know you can talk to me, right?" Jughead asks. She nods mechanically and leads him to his room. She starts digging her nails in her palm and Jughead carefully unclenches her fist before she hurts herself again. She takes a deep breath and takes the test out of her pocket and shakily hands it to him. He looks at the test and then Betty and back for what feels like hours until he finally finds his voice. "Are you... Is this... Are you... pregnant?" He manages ask. "Yeah Jug, with your baby." She says. He pulls her into a hug, and she broke down against his chest. "What are we going to do Jug?" She sobs. "We'll figure it out, I'm not leaving, and I know we're still in school but if we do this, I'm going to do my part." He replies. They sit there in silence until she falls asleep.

Jughead stays with her while she sleeps and starts thinking about the life that have created growing inside of her. He must have fallen asleep because the next thing he knows Jellybean is shaking him awake to tell him that Archie and Veronica are at the door. "Send them up, just ask them to keep their voices down, Betty has had a rough day." He says. Jellybean nods and throws a concerned look at Betty before heading downstairs. Jughead releases his breath and is thankful he hid the test in his drawer.

Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge enter the room to see Jughead sat on the bed with his phone in his hand and Betty asleep on his chest. "Hey Guys." Jughead says softly. "We can come back later." Archie says when he sees Betty asleep. "No Arch, it's okay she just had a rough day. Everything with Alice is getting to her." Jughead lies smoothly. "Any news on that front yet?" Veronica asks. Jughead just simply shakes his head. "How are you doing Arch?" Jughead asks. "I wake up every morning and expect my dad to come running up the stairs to make sure I'm awake and then it dawns on me. Then my mom will pop her head around the door and my emotions will get the better of me again." Archie says. They sit in silence after that not sure what else to say. After around 20 minutes Betty starts stir. "Jug?" She asks sleepily. "I'm still here. Archie and Veronica are here too." Jughead says. "I'm sorry there are still no leads on finding your mom B." Veronica says. "Thanks V, I'm just glad I have Jug and F.P in my corner helping me look. Not many people in Riverdale miss my mom." Betty says. "We'll help too Betty. You were there for me when I found out about my dad." Archie says. "KIDS DINNERS ON THE TABLE GET IT BEFORE JB EATS IT ALL!" F.P shouts up the stairs. They all share a look and burst out laughing before they head downstairs.

At the dinner table Betty and Jug are unusually quiet which both F.P and Jellybean pick up on. "Is everything okay?" F.P asks. "Yeah Mr. Jones, I'm just worried about my mom." Betty says. "I understand that kid, however the Alice I know is tough as nails and can look after herself." F.P says. "She's not the teenager from the southside anymore. She changed when you stopped talking." Betty says. "None of us were the same after the midnight club but I also know your mother Betty and I have faith she'll come back." F.P says. "Thanks Mr. Jones." Betty says. "Just don't be afraid to come talk to me Betty. You're practically family now kid." F.P says. Betty nods politely and goes back to pushing her food around on her plate.

Later after dinner settled and Archie and Veronica left to go home Jughead and Betty head upstairs to his room. "I think we should tell my dad Betts because he can help." Jughead says as they sit down on his bed. "We will Jug, I just want to figure out what you and I are actually planning to do." Betty says. "Then let's work out our options and go from there." Jughead says. "We will. Right now, though I just want to sit here and cuddle with you." Betty says. Betty and Jughead cuddle close on his bed and slowly fall asleep.